Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter...

I'm in Memphis, Tennessee this week spending time with my parents. My mom is an artist who is good at everything! Painting and Drawing are her expertise, but all craft things come easy to her as well. I got her started on stamping/card making a couple of years ago. She loves to do it, but doesn't get to do it nearly as much as she'd like I think. When I come here, or she comes down to Texas, we always spend the late evenings creating! This summer, we had to bring everything to the dining room table because the baby sleeps in the room where her crafts are. Here we are late into the night, stamping, checking out Split Coast and other blogs, eating and laughing.

Look at the mess! We need to stop and strighten tomorrow if were going to be able to do anything else on the table. Mom is bad about cleaning her stamps! I have been fussing at her about this. It makes me nervous to have all those "dirty" stamps laying around! LOL!
Here is a card I made using Stampin' Up's Puns From the Past and K and Company paper. We laughed at this stamp set because there is one that says "So Sorry" with a picture of what looks like a pizza cutter. I Keats saying "I don't get this stamp!" She laughed at me and told me it was an old timey eraser, not a pizza cutter... LOL!

I love this stamp set called Branch Out. Its a 2 step stamp and so easy to use. There is lots of room for mistakes because really anywhere you stamp will work! I stamped the tree in Chocolate Chip and then the snow in Ballet Blue I think. The boots and bird are black.

Same stamp set, completely different look! I love fall leaves...can't wait for that...


Lastly, we made these Grocery List pads I saw on ChicnScratch. So cute and easy. I am going to use them at some SU demos in the future. (Oh yea, I'm doing Stampin' Up now! YAY!)


Thanks for stopping by! Be back after I get home next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment