Monday, September 7, 2009

A Scrappy Blog Hop! Stamping on Scrapbook Pages


Its time for another Blog Hop! All my friends at A Scrappy Place have joined together this time for another challenge.

This month, we are stamping on out scrapbook pages. I have alot of stamps. And I use alot of stamps. Just not on my SB pages! I kind of forget about them when I am scrapping and tend to only use regular embelies. So, this time I got some of my new Stampin' Up sets and got to work. I ended up with two pages that I love!


This is one of my favorite pages I have ever done! And I have to give credit where credit is due, its a lift of someon on twopeas. But, I still love it!

I used the twig from the Always set and stamped the back circle with Basic Black ink to make my own pattern paper. Then I used my circle punch and made the scallop border. I layered my paper and added several swap items. Last, I used Circle Circus and Basic Black to stamp a few more embelies on some scrap kraft paper. I pop-dotted them to give some dimesion. I used some red twine to tie off the scallop holes.








This page is based on a sketch from... no idea. LOL! It was in my file! Iused the new stamp set called Falling Leaves and retired Red Riding Hood ink and current in color Crushed Curry. I am feeling very fallish this week! Its only 93 degrees in the afternoon, so it feels like fall! Ha! ;-)


I stamped directly on the paper in a cascading pattern and then again stamped on kraft paper (my new obsession), used my 1" circle punch and popped those leaves up. I love how it gives the fallish feel to this Back to School LO. And don't you just LOVE those new Thickers! They look like varsity letters! I also used scrabble tiles I bought at a grage sale. So fun!

The report card was in an embelishment pack I got at a LSS. I thought it was perfect!

I love the look of mixed alphas on a page.



I sure wish our leaves looked like this right now! Ours just look crispy and brown from the record heat and drought we had all summer... Oh well, at least I have ink to make pretty leaves!


Now, hop on over to my friend Bonnie's blog to see how she used stamps on her LO! Thanks for stopping by!















5 comments:

  1. these los are beautiful! i'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL WORK!! That is really cool paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally lifting the first one!! Great work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You weren't kidding about your use of kraft paper ;) Those are fantastic as always!!!

    ReplyDelete