Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scrapping and Stamping Fun!

Hi everybody! I spent some time this weekend scrapping and stamping for pleasure, rather than business. I was reading Stampin' Success this week, and was struck by something one of the Demonstrator's of the Year said in her piece. She said it was important to spend time creating for yourself. If you focus strictly on "the business," you'll get burned out. This left an impact on me because lately I have felt like all my time in my office has been for upcoming workshops. I haven't gotten to scrap. So, I spent all my time this weekend playing! It felt nice!

I have some wonderful mom's at school who decided this upcoming week would be my belated birthday week. They are bringing me lunch every day! Yay! That's such a big treat! No Lean Cuisine or Turkey Sandwiches this week! LOL! So, I wanted to make them so thank you cards.

I used all SU In Colors. I love these colors and I especially love doing monochromatic with black or white.
This one used Baroque Motifs stamp set, Melon Mambo and Basic Black. This is my favorite!

This one uses Dusty Durango and Very Vanilla card stock as well as Crushed Curry and Soft Suede ink. The stamp set is Falling Leaves.


This one features some of SU Design Studio Paper as well as Crushed Curry and Rich Razzleberry card stock and ribbon. The stamp set is Eastern Blooms.

This one is just like a Christmas one I did a week or so ago. Instead of the snow flakes, I used the Baroque Motifs swirl stamp and punched squares out of the image. I used Bermuda Bay and Basic Black as well as a little DSP form the Halloween pack called Day and Night.



And, yes, I did a two pager! have not done one of these in forever. Used to be all I did! But these pictures could not be cropped and I wanted to use all 4. I just love them. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.


The butterfly is from a swap and was done by my friend Katrina. The clock was a swap item I made...as was the bird.
Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I can post again before the weekend... We'll see. I'm reading the Twilight series again, for the third time, and can't put them down!!!! Have a great week!







7 comments:

  1. Cute cards! Adorable layout and yay for a 2 pager! You always make the best use out of swap items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards, but that layout was my favorite!! What a cutie!! You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I foget to create for fun and not just business, too. Love the scrapbook page. The cards are super cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree!!!!! I do get scrapped out when I do too much business that it feels so good to scrap for myself! (thats what I'm doing right now- hee hee!)
    LOVE the 2 pager!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that your little girl?? wow, she's getting big!! beautiful LOs! as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your cards are great, and that layout is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Addie is gonna hate you someday for those pictures. And I will tell her that you posted them on your website.

    ReplyDelete