Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Robin Egg Blue...


A good friend of mine just got engaged and she asked me to make come cards for her. She wanted to send a card to each of her friends asking them to be Bridesmaides. The two things she wanted were "Robin Egg Blue" and a nest. I searched the internet and really couldn't find something I was looking for. So, I just started playing and this is what I came up with .
I embossed the base using my Big Shot and an embossing plate. I used the birds nest stamp from "Nature's Nest" stamp set. The color I found came closest to her description was Temting Turquoise." I used the ink and a blender pen to color the eggs. I also used my color spritzer to add the speckles. I distressed the edges and then wrapped it with twine. I layered over a piece of Kraft paper that had been stamped with the feather from the same set. I used Close to Cocoa, but stamped off before stamping it so it would be muted.
I hope she likes it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment