Thursday, April 22, 2010

cQc #29 and My Little Artist...

Hi everybody! Tonight I chose a challenge from Colour Q. I have never done one of their challenges successfully. I have a hard time incorperating so many colors together with out it looking crazy! But, I think I came up with something decent this week!
I changed the clors slightly becaus of supplies, but its still basically the same thing. I liked this combo alot. Feels kind of Fallish to me.
I did lots of distressing! Took me a while with all those tiny tickets! The is a free hostess set you can get if you host a workshop!

Stamps: Smarty Pants, Admit It
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Yo Yo Yellow, Green Galore, Bravo Burgandy
Paper: Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP
Other: Spiral Edge Punch, 1 1/4" Black Striped Grossgrain Ribbon, rope, distressing tool, Stamping Sponges, Big Shot, Texturz Plate

And, I have to take a minute to honor my oldest daughter Ellie. She had several pieces in her school's art show this week, but this was my favorite. She was very proud of her self portrait as am I. Doesn't it look just like her??? Maybe she will follow in her Jamma's footsteps some day and be a professional artist!

Have a great day and to all my fellow San Antonions; Viva Fiesta!!!!


10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh what an artist she is! I love that she put a pretty bow on top of her head!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that?! What a darling card and self-portrait. Thanks for playing along at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she is able to live the life of an artist. It is a happy life! And she is so talented. She needs to come and spend the summer with me.
    (thanks for the plug)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card! I love all the ticket stubs. Your daughter did a fantastic job on her self portrait! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all the texture and layering on this card. Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I haven't looked at that set as one I wanted, but now you may have changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! We all thought so... you're the colourQueen this week - a BIG congrats to you & thanks so much for playing along, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations in being the Colour Queen for this card! great card!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Colour Queen win!!! This was a fun take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card caught my eye the day it was posted! Great job, and your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete