Saturday, April 3, 2010

CTD#86

I wasn't thrilled with this week's colors at Color Throwdown....at first. But then I started pulling out paper and adjusted hues a tad and ended up with a product I LOVE! Thank you CTD ladies for pushing me out of my comfort zone!



I made this card with Stampin' Up's April Promotion in mind. Its called Two Step Stamping. This card showcases that technique. Its where you stamp with one color and then use another color with a coordinating stamp to stamp on top of it. It creates a very nice dimension to your stamping.
Stamps: Simply Said
Ink and Paper: Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Other: Old Olive Grossgrain Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals, random pearls

**Edit to Add: I thought this color combo was familiar. I did this combo in the fall using a different stamp set. Check it out here!**

2 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful color combo and i love your card!!! that two step stamping creates such a neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek.....(can you hear me squeal?)...I LOVE this! I haven't seen this set used for a long time and how fun is it with these colors...and a green heart!!!! Great way to highlight this set, you are SMART! I just have to case this!

    ReplyDelete