Monday, May 31, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge {Act 32}

It's a nice citrusy theme this week at Curtain Call! Feels like a nice cool lemonadde to me! Thats why I pulled out this stamp from Tart and Tangy!

To give my citrus a sugar coated feel, I used Versa Mark and some Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Makes my cheeks tingle... you know, that part that tingles when you eat something sour!! LOL!

I used my crimper to get this texture. I ran the paper both ways throught the crimper several times. It give it a "plaid" crimped pattern. And, it breaks down the paper fiber to make it look a little worn. I kind of curled up the scallops too.

And, I made a mistake when I stamped sweet. So, I restamped it on another piece of Kraft and punched it out and popped it up a little over my mistake. It turned out way more interesting than just a plain stamp! Don't you love it when that happens??
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Sweet Scoops
Ink and Paper: Rose Red, Summer Sun, Regal Rose, Kraft, and whisper white. (I also used a non SU cardstoch because I didn't have Apricot Appeal, so I don't know what color it is. Just from my stash!)
Other: Crimper, Word Window Punch, 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Scallop Border Punch, twine, Pumpkin Pie Grossgrain Ribbon, Vera Mark, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, heat gun, Embossing Buddy, Stampin Dimensionals , random bling



7 comments:

  1. yummy card, Erica! love the ruffles and sparkle:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet color combo! Thanks for sharing another amazing card. Your blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the scallops!! Fabulous card using this week's Curtain call colours - thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh....a citrus delight! Yummy card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this so much...those scallops are yummy! Thanks for playing along this week at the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great use of the colours Erica! love all the scallops and the layout! thanks for joining us at Curtain call again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cute card-love how you used the colors and the stamp set-congrats on making the top 5 showstopper award

    ReplyDelete