Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's "Sew" True! Fabric is easy to use!

I did it! I bought some fabric and used it in my Big Shot! I've been seeing it everywhere online and I just thought "Eh, whats the big deal??" Well, then I needed a gift for someone who helps me at school. So, I ran out, bought some cute fabric, watched a "Rag Quilt Purse" tutorial online and knocked this out yesterday morning!

It is VERY simple. You use your Big Shot and cut all the scallop squares. Then its alot of pinning and sewing and suddenly, you have a bag! It is a bit small. I wish I had added some more sqaures. Next time...

The inside is just as cute as the outside. It has a little hard canvas piece on the bottom so that it will stand up when you set it down.



So cute. And fun to make! Now I am obsessed and want to think of what else I can sew with the Big Shot!



This is called the "Savanad Bag" and was created by Angie Kennedy Juda at Chic N' Scratch. You can watch her how to videos on You Tube or at her webisght Chic N' Scratch Live. They are excellent!!
And, just so you know how obsessed I was, I did this even though I had all three of my girls at, under and on the table as I sewed! Here is a new picture I took yesterday. Hopefully someday when they are older they will still be interested in sewing and crafting. I would love to teach them just like my mom taught me!



2 comments:

  1. Cute bag!! And how adorable are your girls with their bows on in the pool??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that all three of those girls are gonna love to sew and craft. That gene is coursing through their bodies already. I have crafts planned for Jamma Camp in July.

    ReplyDelete