Monday, May 24, 2010

Purple! Purple! Purple?

This week's inspiration at Stampin Celebration is an image with lots of purple. I don't know why, but purple never works for me. I am never very happy with my results. BUT, I did give it a go and I like it!
I also used this simple sketch from Card Patterns.


I used my crimper alot. I crimped the So Saffron and Early Espresso pieces a bunch. Then I used my bone folder to smooth it back out and stretch it back to the right size.
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Ink and Paper: So Saffron, Early Espresso (NEW!! Out July 1), Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Lavender Lace
Other: Butterfly Punch, Crimper, Eyelet Border Punch, Rhinestone Brads, Big Shot, Swirls Scribbles Sizzlet, Stampin' Dimensionals, Lots of Tags Sizzlet


7 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I had trouble with this colour pallete and 'inspiration' in general as well. I like your card a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica! This is so cute! I love it! The Swirls Sizzlet is such a FUN accent to the butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us at the Stampin' Celebration challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Erica! Love how you used the label for your sentiment. Fabulous job using purple! :) Thanks for playing with us at the SCIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica this is wonderful! Love that crimped paper. I never seem to reach for mine these days. Gotta dig it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love those butterflies--and that was a fabulous idea to use the swirls sizzlet! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and your girls are adorable! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those butterfly with swirly tails looks fabulous! What a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete