Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trendy Clothespins

There are two very popular trends I am seeing on the blogs these days. One is stacked shapes and the other are stacked scallop flowers. Both are super cute and feature stacked shapes that have been punched from cardstock.

So I decided to be "trendy" and make a couple of clothes pins with these cute little shapes. The first one features various circles. I scrunched them up a bunch and distressed the edges to make them look kind of, well, distressed. (the seeds are little leaves cut off the branch from the two step bird punch.)

I used Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Real Red, and Basic Black cardstock. I also included a piece of DSP that has book print on it (Retired.) The clip is covered in a piece of Sweet Pea DSP (Retired).
This cutie will be a club project next week for my Hostess girls. This time, I ran a piece of So Saffron CS through the crimper over and over, in various directions. This process breaks down the cardstock and makes it more bendable and distressed looking. I crumpled them up and the stacked them and punched a tiny hole in the middle. I held them todether with a tiny brad. Then, I sprayed the florwer lightly with SU's new Smooch Spritz. It adds a nice little shine. Paper in the clip is a piece of Island Oasis DSP. I LOVE this paper! It is in the new Summer Mini!
These cute clips add a little fun to your desk or kitchen. I hope you will make one for yourself!













No comments:

Post a Comment