Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CCCC66- That cute little Owl!

I just love the owl punch, but it can be tedious! For a quick take on the owl, there is a new stamp in the SAB set called Punch Bunch. I am featuring the little owl today as well as the colors from the Curtain Call Color Challenge.

And this week's colors were a challenge for me! When I first looked at them I though easy peasy! Yea right! I struggled! But, I like the end result.

As a rule, when you are doing a card, think about the colors as family members. My mom (The Artist) told me that a piece of art should have a Daddy, a Mommy and babies. So, I try to make one color the Daddy (main color), one the Mommy (the secondary color, although we know all Mommy's are the MAIN color in any house! Ha!!) and the rest are just sprinkled in, or little babies.
Daddy: Cherry Cobbler, Mommy: Pretty in Pink, Babies: Lavender Lace and Bravo Burgandy. Make sense? I have had a much easier time doing these multi color challenges since she taught me this! Thanks Mom!

A little owl inside too!

Stamps: Smarty Pants, Punch Bunch
Ink and Paper; See above, DSP Stack
Other: Owl Punch, Designer Buttons, Large Oval Punch, Small Scallop Oval Punch, Pretty in Pink Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals, thread
For all the details on Sale A Bration , and how you can get this stamp set for FREE click HERE!

8 comments:

  1. Ha!! Daddy, Mommy and babies... LOVE THAT! I've gotta remember that. Love your card. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to use that technique, Mommy, Daddy and Babies. Love you card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These owls are so cute! I love their button bellies. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those owls are too cute! I love your card.
    Mama LoveBug
    http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute way to remember!! Love the card - I have yet to use that stamp, but seeing this makes me want to run into my crafty room and break it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Erica! The owls are awesome! Thanks for playing with us this week...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Love those owls. Perfect use of the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the fun owls and ribbon. Great job with the curtain call challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete