Friday, April 22, 2011

Hello Peeps!

Happy Good Friday! I hope you have the day off as well!

Today's card was inspired by the pkg of Peeps I saw at target this week. i think they are so cute but I hate to eat them! LOL! I guess that's a good thing right? So, when I saw the challenge at Off the Wall Craftiness, I zeroed in on those funny little peeps!



These little guys are sugary just like the real thing. On the pink one, I mixed a new Melon mambo Embossing Powder (that will be available May 1 in the Stampin' Up Summer Mini!)
with Iridescent Ice Embossing powder. I ran my Versa mark Ink pad all over the melon mambo card stock and then sprinkled it with the mixture. After a shot of the heat gun, it was so very sugary! The yellow one is done just with Iridescent Ice.


I punched these little sugary sweets using the following punches: 1 3/4" Circle. 1 3/8" Circle, Medium Oval, Two Step owl Punch (eyes.) The sentiment is from Something to Celebrate and the punch ed image is a sneak peek from the upcoming IBC! It is called Four frames.



My current addiction is to rip my ribbon apart. I love the frayed edges it creates! This is Daffodil Delight Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by today!







6 comments:

  1. ADORABLE peeps...such a cute idea to mix the new embossing powder with the irridescent ice!! They look like I could take a bite of them. LOVE PEEPS. TFS txjennywren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute for words! Love it! Love your ribbon treatment too! Thanks for joining us at OTWC and Happy Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the peeps!!! What a fantastic idea. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you created your own peeps with circle punches AND that you "sugared" them; so sweet! (pun intended) Thanks for sharing this beauty with OTWC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love your peeps Erica! Absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete