Friday, April 15, 2011

Scrapbook Saturday!

I am so excited about my page today! I am using a new Triple Layer Punch and discovered that it creates an really cool Mexican Tissue Flag Banner!


My colors today came from Color Q. They were perfect for these funky colored pictures I've been needing to scrap for a while!

The sketch comes from Pencilines.
So I took these pictures of my hubby last summer at the Baylor Children's Museum. He is beyond mortified that I am posting them on the web for all to see! But, it was so funny that he was playing dress up with the girls in their multicultural room! I had to scrap them!
So, as you can see, I used these new Doily shapes that come from a new punch form Stampin' Up (available May 1!) I was going for this look:

We see these around here a lot, especially during Fiesta! So, when I laid the punches down I immediately saw these Mexican Banners!

I also used an On Board Chipboard Heart, embossed it with Dots and Clear Embossing Powder.
{Title is Non SU}

Stamps: Dots, Dots, Dots

Ink and Paper: Cherry Cobbler, retired DSP

Other: Doily Triple Layer Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, On Board Chipboard, Eyelet Border Punch, White Twine, Pom Pom Trim


Hope you like it as much as I do!!

7 comments:

  1. Great use of that new punch.

    Your layout is awesome!

    And your hubby must be an awesome dad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Erica! There are so many fun elements. The photo's are great, too. Wonderful dad, your husband! Thanks fo joining us at the ColourQ again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too too funny Ted and the page looks fabulous. And just for your info the cut paper banners they fly at fiesta are called papel picata, meaning cut paper(.I lived in San Antonio for a long time. LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful LO - soooooo glad to see some fellow scrapbookers joining in with us!!! Hope to see you again soon at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling page! Great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing together with Pencil Lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable, I LOVE that banner! So fun to see a scrapbook page at CQC! Thanks for playing:)

    ReplyDelete