Thursday, June 23, 2011

So guilty....

That's how I feel. Every time I see my blog or I walk by my office, I feel horribly guilty. I have finally bitten off more than I can chew! And, my paper crafting is what is suffering. I'm sorry to those of you who come by daily. I try to update almost everyday, and I thought that it would be easy once school was out. I was wrong! I'm still here and desperately trying to get back on track, so be patient with me! :-)

I did have a spare moment today to stamp! I used this sketch from Clean and Simple...

And these colors from Color Q...


I cracked open my new Big Shot Die called Perfect Pennants and used this scalloped circle on my card. I can't wait to actually use the pennants from the die!


Ink and Paper: Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Poppy Parade

Stamps: Perfect Words, Delicate Doilies

Other: Big Shot, Perfect Pennants Die, Poppy Parade Ribbon, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals



So what's up with me? A lot! Let me make a list for you:

1. Vacation- always way more work than you think!

2. Summer Camp- I teach two weeks of enrichment camp at my house each summer. That starts next week!

3. 3 Stamp Clubs

4. Catalog Kick off Party next week!

5. We sold our house! Yay! We have to pack now- boo!

6. Working on an order for a paper bag album- almost done!

7. I went to an estate sale and bought a ton of stuff! I am obsessed with it right now and it's taking a ton of time!

Let me show you!

Before on the right, after on the left! Only 5 more to go... Uhg....


Plus, the table. A painted distressed bottom....

And a stained distressed top...



Plus the "help" of three kids!


Plus a 9 drawer dresser and a grandfather clock to refinish... Wow!


So, I may not be around every day, but I will be back on that schedule in a couple of weeks once my big projects are out of the way!


Thanks for stopping by...and being patient! :-)















4 comments:

  1. Very understandable on being busy and yes, will be patient as I don't always get here everyday myself.
    Like the ole saying goes; I have more patience then money. :}
    Do what you have to do and enjoy spending time with your children as family should Always be your #1 priority and will see you when we see
    you.

    Your finished furniture pieces are awesome by the way.
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, don't feel guilty about not blogging! I just took a blogging vacation myself. Didn't stamp or blog or anything! You have lots on your plate, wee ones to tend in the summer, and some fun projects that will be very worth it in the end. Stamping will still be here. And you always make it worthwhile when you come back anyway! This is a perfect example---great way to use those CQC colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that furniture looks like an awful lot of work but TOTALLY worth it!

    LVOE your card, the coloru blocking is fab, the layout is great! thanks for playing with us at colourQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of color blocking with these colors, Erica! I love the ribbon tied right in the middle of the doily, so cute. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete