Monday, July 4, 2011

Artisan Award Entry #1

Stampin' Up has a contest called The Artisan Award. It's purpose is to recognize the company's best artists. There is a nice prizethat includes money and SU merchandise but of course the best prize of all is to be recognized as an artist. You send in 10 complete pieces- 5 cards, 3 Scrapbook pages and 2 3D objetcs. It's very intense and requires hours and hours of work. And the emotional factor is huge! You doubt yourself a thousand times while working on the projects.

So, SU announced the winners, and unfortunaly I am not one. So, a little hard to take, but realistically, what chance do you really stand? I mean the Demonstrators in this company are amazing. Carrie Gaskin, who is a Demo that I have followed for a long time and admire greatly, has not won. If she doesn't win, I don't even stand a chance! LOL! She is just one of many who I could say this about. Competition is FIERCE. So, anyway, I am extremly proud of 1. the fact that I completed these projects and got them mailed in on time and 2. the art work I created!

So, now that the contest winners have been announced, I can start showing you my entries!

Card #1



This card kind of came out of a challenge I was trying to do and then took on a life of it's own!




Stamps: Fox and Friends, Family Phrases, Extreme Elements

Ink and Paper: Soft Suede, More Mustard, Early Espresso

Other: 1/2" and 3/4" Circle Punches, razor for distressing, twine, twill tape, Large Tag Punch,

The worst part about all of this is that I don't get my entries back.. Boo! :-( But, I'll look for the on the convention sample boards! That will be pretty cool!

Have a great 4th of July! I'll be back with another entry soon!



5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! I've been following your blog for a while, but rarely comment (something I'm trying to change). Anyway, I do love your work - you are VERY talented!!! I know it would be better coming in the form of a SU Award..... but hopefully it counts for something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica this card is fantastically(is that a word,lol?!) creative and so are you! Your work is always amazing and I can only encourage you to enter again. I am sure there will be many of your entries on the display boards at Convention and hopefully I will see you there to:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used Extreme Elements on this card. You have given me some ideas. Thanks
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, you are so very sweet to say that. Thank you. I feel the same way about you. It is an immensely emotional process to undertake and yes, we should be so proud of ourselves (but the loss still stings a little, doesn't it?). Keep up the amazing work - you are a ROCK STAR and don't every doubt for one second that myself and so many feel that way.

    Oh, almost forgot to comment on the card - TOTALLY CUTE! I love the giraffe theme. This is so "out-of-the-box" creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't EVER doubt yourself! You are SOOOOOO talented! I love your work and I always look forward to seeing what new an amazing things you have on your blog!

    ReplyDelete