Friday, July 15, 2011

Convention Day 2- Wow!


Today was a very exciting day here at the SU convention! For a 1st time attendee, you really don't know what to expect!

We started out at the General Session. Shelli Gardner (Co-Founder and CEO) spoke for a while about various things.  We go to see new products from the upcoming Holiday Mini. Let me just say START SAVING YOUR MONEY!! Wow... I want it all!! We also all got a free 8 pack of mini catalogs!
One of the new things coming are Cookie Stamps! How cute and fun, especially as a mom I am thinking how much my kids will love these! They kind of emboss your cookie with a design. These will be available October 1st. Another exciting announcement was a SU Simply Scored tool. It is similar to others on the market at first glance, but then you start seeing the details. Measurement markers you can place so you don't have to keep recounting when your making many of something. And, the score tool is a stylus rather than a bone folder. I just love it!
I saw a Workshop Demo by Megan Davies. She was adorable and a fellow Texan. This card she made was super cute!
 There were lots of upcoming mini catalog projects to see. I love the Halloween stuff. It is traditional colors and images. And there is this little witch and a broom... OMG! So stinking cute!

 The displays are just amazing. This looks like something I would buy at an antique store!
 This are made of ribbon. I want to hang them in my stamp room!
 And more FREE STUFF! My friend Tammie and I were getting just a little excited at this point! We thought we would be cool and not get overly excited like everyone else, but yea right! Who doesn't love FREE STAMPS! 
 I'm holding my Simply Sent kit. Sara Douglas did a fabulous presentation on how you can simplify for your customers who say "I can't afford it, I'm not crafty, I don't have time, I don't have space." We've all said or heard some form of this, right? Well, she showed how simple, easy, quick and cheap these kits are. Can't wait to share them with you!
 We also got more free things when we checked in. A really nice Binder with dividers for our catalog.
 This bag with a million pockets! There are so many, we keep loosing our key/phone, etc! Ha!
 Free stamps that I will use in the Make and Takes tomorrow.
 Momento Mall is where they have fun SU themed things to buy. I bough this cup...
 Cute DSP pens....
 Little Soft Suede Trash Cans....

And some cute little bags for a few of my friends who helped me prepare my swaps!
And, tonight was the Awards Ceremony. I forgot my memory card! grr! But, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was an Artisan Award Finalist! Wow!! It's so shocking to see your name up there on that screen! Yay! So, now I don't feel so bad about not winning. Because knowing I was a finalist truly means alot to me.

So, tomorrow is a very full day. Not sure if I will be able to update, but make sure your following my Facebook page because I will be updating that through out the day!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Erica, thanks for posting all these glorious pictures! I'm one of the many demos who didn't go but are dying to see all the fabulous stuff. Esp love the Halloween displays! Congrats on your Finalist pick, too. Must be quite a thrill :). Please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete