Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More Back to School...

I am SO EXCITED about today's project! I amin  full "get ready to go back to school" mode so I am continuing with another Back to School challenge from the Paper Players!


I don't know about you, but I have noticed a huge trend in the paper crafting world: Pin Wheels! So, I am jumping on the Pin Wheel Bus. How can you not? Who doesn't love a Pin Wheel!?
 I was inspired by a jar of magnetic letters I saw on Pinterest (uhm, have you discovered Pinterest.com?? OMG is all I need to say... Only click the link if you have hours to kill looking at fun stuff!!)

I have magnetic letters coming out of my ears both at home and at school so I had to make a decoration out of them. I filled a simple clear paint can with some large ones. I did use a few glue dots so that the ones facing out would be perfect. But, after a few of those, I just dumped them in!

I made a few simple pin wheels using paper from my SU Color DSP stacks. They started as 6 X6 squares. Do you know how to make these? Super simple. I can do a tutorial if you guys want, but I don't want to bore you if this is something everyone already knows how to do...

EDIT: Tutorial can be found HERE!

I used a punch circle and a brad to connect it in the middle. A little hot glue and a skewer and were done. Now, these don't spin, they are just for decoration (as I had to say a million times to my children this week!!)
Last is the little tag. Look at that little guy! Cutie! I stamped him in Basic Black on the tag and then again on a scrap paper. I colored him in with Stampin' Markers and then just cut out his body and put him on with a dimensional. "Teacher" is from a new set called All in the family and the "you're the best" is a new hostess sentiment set called Perfect Words. I sure do use this set a lot! Cutie and hopscotch are from the Recess stamp set in the current Summer mini. Circle is the 3" circle die and scallop is from the petal cone die. Pretty easy!

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Yes please post a tutorial. I have no idea how to make one of these :). You have done it well it looks fabulous as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love these! I made a few last year and tried to make ones that would spin and it is very difficult! I like yours a lot!!! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinwheels!! Please post a tutorial. Would love how to make these. Very very cute pail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are so bright & cheerful! WOW! I love them! I think I've made them where you stick them on a pencil eraser to allow them to spin, but that doesn't give you much room to work with! Anyway, thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me some pinwheels and yours are perfection! Love all those brights together too. Fabby job with our challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you and your rainbows! This is just adorable! Happy back to school time to you, my friend. Thanks for sharing your creativity at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love if you did a tutorial. Your color schemes are the best!

    eileenecassisi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. would love to know how!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! What cheery colors! Perfect for brightening up any classroom! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pinwheels are fabulous, Erica! I'd love to see a tutorial too please :) Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute!! I love the colors and super cute container! This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy. Colorful. and FUN!!! Love it, Erica! The jar o' letters is the perfect way to showcase these pretty pinwheels, too. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete