Thursday, May 10, 2012

Teacher Appreciation

So is it Teacher Appreciation week at your house? We have been crazy each night putting together the next day's gifts! I really try to spoil my kids' teachers because, well, they put up with a lot! My girls are sweet, but not wallflowers in the least! So, I want them to know just how much I appreciate their patience and tolerance!

Day one we did the Bucket of Drinks.
Day two, my husband brought them all Pei Wei for lunch!
Tomorrow, we are doing cupcake in a jar.
Today, we gave them each a set of note cards!

I joined Heather Summers this month for her online class called My Digital Studio Made Simple 2.
It's been so fun and I love to watch her do stuff on MDS! It's very exciting and gets my blood pumping to CREATE! One tutorial she did had me going crazy! She showed us how to make these little personalized note cards and matching envelopes! All on My Digital Studio!

First, I created the little note cards, they were about 2.75 X 5.5 I think.


Then, I created these little 5 1/2" squares for the envelopes. I send them to Stampin' Up to print. When they arrived I was in awe at how beautiful they were! It was my first time ordering something digital! Gorgeous and very high quality!


For the envelopes, I scored them at 2" using my diagonal plate on my Simply Scored.

 I did a little cutting to make them lay nice.
 I scored all the little note cards too.
 And, then your done! How easy is that! And for someone who HATES to mass produce, this was so eye opening! The possibilities are endless!

We have 4 main teachers in our life. My oldest daughter's teacher loves wiener dogs, so this was a natural choice!
 Her name was on the back.
 My little ones are in the same class. They are in a regular ed preschool that also has an inclusion preschool mixed in. Their main teacher is Mrs. Foster, but the PPCD teacher and her assistant deal with my two little pistols just as much!


 And for the packaging, all I did was put them in the clear envelopes and folded them in half. And, tied a coordinating color ribbon around it. I hope they liked them! I know I would!

SO, if your interested in My Digital Studio, you can download it RISK FREE for 30 days. I think this is an awesome way to see if it's really something you might use. I have become highly addicted to MDS. It in no way replaces real paper and stamps, but it's a great supplement for other projects! Not only can it do things like this above, but it's great for designing digital elements. My blog header and buttons were created on MDS. And, it's very user friendly. So, if your interested, hop over to my SU Site and download it for FREE!






And, in case you've forgotten:
2011-2012 Retirement List can be seen HERE.
Product Shares can be seen HERE.
All my classes can be seen HERE.
Stamper's Round Up Card details can be seen HERE.
Pin It
Interested in ordering any of the supplies you see here? Order NOW! Click below to shop!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - those turned out so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Erica these came out so cute!! You were on it this year.. It's Thursday and I was throwing something together last minute.. I'm so bad. Always have big plans and then no time. They will love these!

    ReplyDelete