Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hybrid, Mixed Media, Schmorgesborg? (New Video!)

I have NO idea how to spell that word! Is that a real word!? Schmorgesborg.. I just like saying it!
Today, I'm going to show you a card I made, last minute, for convention swaps. I showed you last week the journaling tags I made for our Scrapbook Page and Scrap club

I took what I had left over and made these Thank You cards!
 I love My Digital Studio. I mean, I truly LOVE it. But.. it's like comparing apples and oranges for me when you talk about scrapbooking. Scrapbooking, as I've known it for 15 years, is hands on, messy, texture rich crafting.  MDS is rich, beautiful, technology. It's two different things. It's two different feels. I love them both for two totally different reasons. So, I've been trying desperately to join the two and make beautiful hybrid things. I want to marry them into a craft that doesn't require me to loose what I love from each one.  I think I finally succeeded with this project!

The tag was printed through SU. I cut them apart and stamped the "you" ll down it with Staz On. It made the base of my card QUICK. That's a plus when your making a bunch of them! Then I pulled out the real ink and paper and did the flower and butterfly. See today's video for all the details!


Please remember that I am a video newbie, and I know I have much to learn. The audio isn't great. I know how I need to improve that...

I hope you enjoy today's video and card!


And, as I announced yesterday, New Virtual Stamp Clubs are forming now!



And, in case you've forgotten:
Product Shares can bee seen HERE.
All my classes can be seen HERE.
Stamper's Round Up Card details can be seen HERE.
Interested in ordering any of the supplies you see here? Order NOW! Click below to shop!

Join My Team today! Those who join in June get a free stamp suite and free shipping on their kit!! Click HERE for more info! Email me if your interested!


3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. Your video is so informative and done well. Thanks and keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video (and the "y'all!") Great idea with the vellum butterfly. At first glance I couldn't tell it was made with vellum, so the video was great. I didn't realize how easy it would be!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! want to share the mds file for your digi part?

    ReplyDelete