Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stampin' Up October Artisan Design Team Project #3- Fall Door Hanger

 
Welcome back! I've saved the best for last! My third project for this month's Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team is a fall door hanger!

 I've been wanting to make a giant rosette for a long time. but, I just didn't have the time! So, when I started thinking about what to do with these leaves, I knew it was time!
 The rosettes were made with the Bog Shot and the Rosette Die. I also used a hot glue gun and the AMAZING silicone heat mat. This thing saves your fingers!!
 The leaves are stamped in Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Bravo Burgundy. The were first cut out of the same color card stock using the Autumn Accents Die. I then laid the diecuts on top of the inked stamp. Very easy to do!
 A few of the More Mustard leaves were run through the big shot while being sandwiched in a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet. I then poured lots of delicious Champagne Glass Glitter. Yummy!
 I through in some Brushed Bronze Buttons, some of which were tied with strips of the 7-8" Cotton ribbon. I hot glued all these in place since this puppy will be hanging on a door that is slammed often (thank you three kids!)
 The pumpkin is made with the circles from the 3" circle die. I have a tutorial HERE if you want to see how it's made. I also used a twig from my yard for the pumpkin stem as well as a large one for more dimension!
 I cut the first rosette our of the Core'dinations Early Espresso card stock. I used the sanding tool to sand the edges and give it some rustic features. The DSP is from the Orchard Harvest DSP Collection. The center More Mustard Circle was cut with the Scallop Circle Die and then stamped with the Distressed Dots Background stamp. I finished it off by inking the edges with More Mustard Classic ink and a Stampin' Sponge.

 The banner was created out of Very Vanilla cardstock. I used the  Perfect Pennants Die to cut them out and the Distressed Dots Background Stamp to create the cute polka dot pattern. I then again used the Orchard Harvest DSP to cut out the Window framelit shapes and the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punches. The letters are from the Typeset Die. Lastly, they were tied together with Early Espresso Twine.

 So there you have it! It took alot of products, but was pretty easy to put together. I have it hanging on my pantry door in my kitchen. I don't think it would weather well outside! ;-)
 And, I'm leaving you a funny picture of my Mac. he was very interested in what I was doing so I snapped a picture of him. He's such a cutie!
 
I sure hope you liked my October projects and I sincerely hope I have inspired you to try some of these products. At the end of the month, Stampin' Up will be showcasing another project by each of us on their Facebook page. Make sure you stop by and see them! Mine is much simpler this month and something you could easily reproduce! Thanks again!
 
And, in case you've forgotten:
Product Shares can bee seen HERE.
All my classes can be seen HERE.
Stamper's Round Up Card details can be seen HERE.
Interested in ordering any of the supplies you see here? Order NOW! Click below to shop!


Join My Team today! Those who join in June get a free stamp suite and free shipping on their kit!! Click HERE for more info! Email me if your interested!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! So amazing this is!! Always love your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love this wreath Thank you for sharing all the details. I just might case this for my MIL's door in her nursing home. Thanks again! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! How many sheets of DSP did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME project, Erica! so many WOW details and creative touches, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UMMM... Seriously...GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow girl - that is A-MAZ-ING!!

    ReplyDelete