Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stampin' Up October Artisan Project #2- Pumpkin Muffin Gift


Hello again! Thanks for stopping by today to check out my second Artisan October project!

As you may know, I LOVE to make goodies for my daughters' teachers! And, a lot of my Stamp Club friends are either teachers themselves or also like to spoil their teachers. So, I am always on the look out for a fun and easy (and cheap!) gift for the ladies that have so much influence over my three girls.
 
So, for October, I made these adorable little gift card holders attached to a small ramekin. The ceramic ramekins were found at Target in the dollar spot! Gotta love that place! Check the bottom of this post for a super simple recipe!

As you can see, I have 6 teachers to create for! So, I have to really think along the lines of simple. These were quick to make!

After I baked the Pumpkin Muffin, I placed the Ramekins in a Gusseted Cellophane Bag. I tied it off with a piece of 7/8" Cotton Ribbon.

You can see the giant yummy muffins from the back. So easy to just side it down into the bag in the dish it was baked in!

To make the tag, I die cut 2 Whisper White Card Stock Window framelit shapes with the Big Shot. I then embossed them with the Chevron Embossing Folder. I took my More Mustard pad and ran it over the raised side. I find that the old style stamp pads work better for this, but the new juicy firm foam pads work great with a brayer! I cut one of the pieces in half and adhered it along the bottom edge with Dimensionals to create a pocket.

I die cut three leaves using the Autum Accents Die in various colors. For all of these, I used More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze or Bravo Burgundy. All of these colors are Regals. Love me some Regals, especially in the fall!

I then embossed the leaves (and you can do a bunch at a time, I just loaded like 6-8 in the folder!) with the Wood grain embossing folder. I layered them across the front of the pocket and then tied a ripped strip of the 7/8" Cotton ribbon around and tied a bow. To finish it off, I adhered a Brushed Bronze button with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I tied it all on with a little Early Espresso Twine.

And there you have it! A fun, easy and sweet gift for a teacher, friend, neighbor or anyone who deserves a special thank you!
 
Pumpkin Muffins
Mix 1 can of Pumpkin Puree into 1 box of yellow cake mix. Stir well. Add to a greased Ramekin (or muffin tin!) Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Time will vary according to your pan size. Just watch it and it's done when they feel firm on the top. Let them cool. Mix about 1 cup of powdered sugar with just enough apple juice to make a nice glaze. Drizzle over your muffins and your DONE! Easy Peasy!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll join me tomorrow for my last October project!
 
 
 
 
And, in case you've forgotten:
Product Shares can bee seen HERE.
All my classes can be seen HERE.
Stamper's Round Up Card details can be seen HERE.
Interested in ordering any of the supplies you see here? Order NOW! Click below to shop!


Join My Team today! Those who join in June get a free stamp suite and free shipping on their kit!! Click HERE for more info! Email me if your interested!


5 comments:

  1. Seriously, Erica! Your amazing ideas and beautiful creations never stop! You, my friend, are a papercrafting genius!

    P.S. Love the project...can you tell? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun, fun! Would love to be one of your daughter's teachers! I'm always making fun things for my son's teachers as well, so your ideas often inspire me. Thanks! I don't know how you do all this, teach, and parent 3 little girls! Amazing!
    MP :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome project! Wish I had your kids in my class! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and delicious! You have such an amazing creative spirit. Love your blog and thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great and thoughtful gift! I am sure they were appreciated.

    ReplyDelete