Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November Artisan Design Team Project #2- Nutcracker Punch Art

 
Day 2- I have a Scrapbook Page for you today! This page kind of took on a life of it's own. I envisioned White Space. Didn't happen! LOL! But, I think what filled it's place is pretty darn cool.

Last Christmas, my daughter's teacher coordinated a trip to see The Nutcracker for all her students. She does it every ear, so it was a BIG DEAL! Ellie was so excited! It was a wonderful night for us.

I started with the Ornament Keepsake Stamps and Framelits. I also used the Paper Piercer and created lines to each one. Unfortunately, that part didn't photograph well! I also stamped some of them in Vera Mark and embossed them with Gold Embossing Powder. This stuff is so yummy!

Next is Mr. Nutcracker. He is the most involved Punch Art character I have ever done, but honestly, not that hard. I love what he adds to this page!

Hat: Medium Oval, Itty Bitty Circle and hand cut rectangle. Embossed image is one of the ornaments.
Face: 1 3/8" Circle, Blossom Petal Builder, Finishing Touche Edgelit. Eyes were hand drawn with Stampin' Write markers and Uniball Sig Pen.
Beard-Finishing Touche Edgelit
Arms: Word Window, Candlelight Christmas DSP
Body- DSP rectangle 3" X 1 3/8"
Belt: 3" X 1/2" Basic Black Rectangle, 5/8" X 5/8" Square Gold Glimmer Paper
Legs: 1 1/2" X 1/2" Gold Glimmer Paper
Boots: 1 1/2" X 1/2" basic Black, stamped with "steam" from Scentsational Season with Versa Mark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder
Small Oval Basic Black, Uniball Sig Pen
Letters were cut with the Typeset Alphabet Die.
 

The last thing I want to point out about this page is the strip of transparet DSP. I cut the Real Red cardstock off at 9" and adhered a 1 1/2" piece of DSP and then added back in a piece of 1 1/2" piece of CS. I cut the Gold Glimmer Paper using the Tasteful Trim Die and added a Crumb Cake Tulle Ruffle underneath.
 
I hope you enjoyed today's project! It's a big one, but it was a big night that deserved a special page!
 
 
 
 
And, in case you've forgotten:
Brand new Christmas 2012 Project Planner!
All my classes can be seen HERE.
Stamper's Round Up Card details can be seen HERE.
Interested in ordering any of the supplies you see here? Order NOW!
 Click below to shop!

Join My Team today! Click HERE for more info! Email me if your interested!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! You are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing scrapbook page, Erica! The nutcracker punch art is incredible!! You truly are an artisan! :)

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The nutcracker is amazing! I love all of the detail and sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete