Monday, December 10, 2012

December Artisan Design Team Project 1- MDS Journal


This month, Stampin' Up sent the Artisan Design Team and amazing box! Full of LOTS of amazing things! But, my first projects was not created with what was in the box. It was created using what they sent us digitally! We got two digital downloads: Good Life Journal Template and Freehand Phrases. So, I opened what I "THOUGHT" was the Journal template only to realize later (like yesterday!!) that I opened another Journal template-OOPS! So, today's Artisan Project is still a journal, but based on the Greatest Moments Journal Template (comes free with the software!!)... You can see where I went wrong, right!! LOL! Anyway, it does still feature the fun Freehand Phrases as well!

 I've never created anything on My Digital Studio that wasn't either a scrapbook page or a card. So, when I saw the Journal Template, I was very intrigued! I opened it up and started playing.. and this is what I ended up making!

When you create something on My Digital Studio, it's a little hard to imagine what it's going to look like in real life, once it's been printed. When I opened the box and pulled this out, I was in awe! It was so beautiful! Even more than I thought it could be from what I had created on the computer. It's a real, bound book filled with lined pages. And, it's so well made! 

I changed the original template to match the pictures I wanted to use. Of course, I had to go with black and pink!


I created the cover using the layout that came in the template. I moved a few things around, and added the "notes" part. For the back, I did a collage of sorts with more pictures from the same day.
 
I added the Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink Polka dot ribbon into the binding. It has a beautiful black silk ribbon to hold your place, but I added the pinks and the Black and Grey Striped Satin Bow.

It was easy to thread through the binding when it was opened wide.

So there you have it! I plan on using this at school for meetings. But, don't you think that would make an amazing gift! The uses and designs for this blank book are really limitless!


Here is what the covers looked like on my computer when I was done designing them.
 

 
You can download My Digital Studio for FREE for 30 days! It's a great way to play around and see if you like it (you will!!) You can get it here.
 
Here is the list of supplies I used:
Background
     Designer Series Paper\_Designer Kits\Essentials - designer series paper\Essentials - 2

Embellishments
    Designer Kits\Beau Châteu - labels\Beau Château - note 5

Stamps
    Freehand Phrases\Freehand Phrases - description of my life, Color = PINK PASSION 255,114,166
    Color = 255,250,226
    
 


And, in case you've forgotten:
Brand new Christmas 2012 Project Planner!
All my classes can be seen HERE.
Stamper's Round Up Card details can be seen HERE.
Interested in ordering any of the supplies you see here? Order NOW!
 Click below to shop!

Join My Team today! Click HERE for more info! Email me if your interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment