Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Family Christmas Card

OK, I've got a confession to make. I have not sent out Christmas Cards since 2005. Yes, she who makes cards on a daily basis has not sent out any!! I am such a fraud!! LOL! It's just by the time I get around to it, I am so burned out on Christmas and don't want to sit and churn out a bazillion more cards!
 
But, this year is different! Enter: My Digital Studio. I HATE mass producing anything. But, with MDS, I create something cute once and print till my heart's content! So, that's what I did. I got an idea one night and ran with it!
 
Here is the digital image of the trifold card I made first.
 
Front
 
Back 
 
I started with a basic template called Bright Reviews. I made a few adjustments, like the mustaches, and then loaded in our info on the back. I also added all the little pictures as well, cause I like to show off my kids!
 
Here is what it looks like in person, fresh from the Stampin' Up print service!



Now, when I went to print them, I realized they were $3 each. So, I decided these super fancy cards would be reserved for special family members and close friends.  But, I still needed an option for all the other people on my list! So, I ended up creating the same thing on a post card. I used the front and the back.


 
Once these came, I got to see the size difference. I think I actually like the post card ones better! They are much bigger. I didn't realize how small the trifold cards were. The front comes out to 5" X 3.5". Small, but still super cute!

You can see the size comparison here.
 
 And, in case you were wondering, this is one of the pictures our amazing photographer snapped last summer. I had purchase pink mustaches from Justice to have a few silly pictures. Unfortunately, they just kind of blended in with our skin! So, for the Christmas Card, I turned the picture black and white and then used the Many Mustaches stamp to recreate the real ones we had on!
 
So, Merry Christmas from "our circus to yours!" If your life is crazy, remember that My Digital Studio is great option to simplify thing!
 
I'll be posing my Artisan Creations for December this week, so make sure you stop back each day! I've got lots of things planned!
 
 
 
And, in case you've forgotten:
Brand new Christmas 2012 Project Planner!
Check it out HERE
All my classes can be seen HERE.
Stamper's Round Up Card details can be seen HERE.
Interested in ordering any of the supplies you see here? Order NOW!
 Click below to shop!

Join My Team today! Click HERE for more info! Email me if your interested!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome MDS cards, Erica! I'm right there with you...I haven't sent cards out in a few years either. Thanks for the inspiration to get off my butt and get some made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I had to jump in here and say that your cards are the best Christmas cards I've seen this year, HANDS DOWN. What a riot! Love them! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete