Sunday, March 24, 2013

By the Tide and Playing the Challenges

Hi everybody! It doesn't seem like I get to just play in my bat cave anymore.. Well, that's not right, I'm always playing! But, usually for a certain assignment. Today, I did a few cards just for fun. I LOVE to play along with challenge blogs, and I don't always get to do that anymore. 


I highly recommend you check out the challenge blogs. It's a GREAT way to grow as an artist and get some feedback on what you make. It also will increase your blog traffic! There is a tab at the top of this page that has a list of all my favorite Challenge Blogs. Please check it out! If you know if a great one that I have missing, email me so I can add it. 


Also, I pin my very favorite challenges each week on a Pinterest board. this is a great way to have them all in one spot when I am creating. Check it out HERE


Today's card is a fun BRIGHT card that includes embossing on Black cardstock. I used the new By the Tide set. 

I also put my Simply Scored Borders Plate to use to create the "wave" in the middle. It's FUN to use!

I used Vera Mark and Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder to create a striking ocean scene. It's electric looking!

For today's card, here are the two challenges I used. Check them out!


Check out my Brand New Project Planner!

Join me for a Stamptastic Weekend!


  



6 comments:

  1. This card is striking! I love the seahorse with that sentiment. The scored waves are adorable. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Erica, especially the embossed wave panel! Glad to see you back at the colourQ, thanks for sharing your card with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Erica! Love your Pinterest board on challenges, started following you. Well, love all yore creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Erica!!! Love the images and that layout! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Erica! I love embossed sea fan. The waves are an awesome touch. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Erica! This is the most beautiful use of this set that I've seen. I love the embossing on the dark background. I love the elements that you used for the sketch, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete