Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow Blog Hop- Swallowtail Butterfly Mini Paper Bag Album

Welcome to the Artisan Wow Wednesday Blog Hop!
You've probably just arrived here from Cindy Beach's Blog. 
I always look forward to what she has created!

I'm so excited about today's project!

I will admit it. I was VERY intimidated by the Swallowtail stamp. Its SO BIG! And when I saw it in the box this month, I kind of panicked! But, I took it on as a challenge and I am SO glad that I did!

I created a mini Paper Bag Album using the Swallowtail as the main focus. I used teeny brown paper sacks  and folded them in half. I sewed them together down the middle and then added lots of pretty paper. 


The Swallowtail is stamped in Versa Mark and embossed in Melon Mambo Embossing Powder. I stamped it on White Vellum Cardstock. I cut it out by hand and attached it to the "binding" of the mini scrapbook.

Inside, I used the Pop Up Posies Kit to create picture spots and embellishments  This album showcases my daughter's school pictures from Kinder to 5th Grade. (Yes, we took a picture together at school! All the teachers take pictures with their own kids as a keepsake!! LOL!)

Inside the open ends of the bags, I added some journaling cards. I stamped just half of the Swallowtail on Melon Mambo cardstock and added a Posie and a little Melon Mambo Organdy Ribbon. 



The Imagine Stamp is from Word Play. 


Thanks for stopping by today! Make sure you hop on over to the always wonderful Heather Summers and see what she has created with her monthly goodies!





  



11 comments:

  1. Love LOVE love love LoVe lOvE LOOOOOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love everything about this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful book, and you use of the Swallowtail set is beautiful! What a sweet booklet of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love paper bag books! This is such a cute book, Erica! I love how you used the posies and the ribbon as the pulls :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your project is SO gorgeous!!! I love how you used the butterfly stamp, and the melon mambo and blue color combo is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Erica, what a wonderfull paperbag-mini you´ve created!!! I love the color you´ve used and the huge Swallowtail as booklet-cover. GREAT!!!
    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your project! One of these days I'm going to make one. I think it would make a nice gift for a variety of occasions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes TWO genius albums you've created this month!!! I LOVE how you used the butterfly to "bind" this little gem ... sooo fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete