Friday, April 19, 2013

Stippled Blossoms- FMU #106

TGIF! What a terrible week it has been.. I am so glad it's Friday. As I am sure you've heard, the tiny town of West, texas suffered catastrophic damage on Wednesday night from a Fertilizer Plant Explosion. I went to college just south of this little town and spent many a day shopping there and stopping into their famous Czech Bakery. 
Photo: RT @chrissadeghi Happy to say the Czech Stop is open and serving breakfast to emergency workers. #westexplosion pic.twitter.com/gFS4MHdaHJ
So, this tragedy feels a little too close for comfort. My neighbor's father was in the nursing home across the street from the site. It hits home for me. Life is so fragile. 
So, like Boston, please keep West in your prayers. It's been a tough week for America. 

OK, on to today's challenge at The Friday Mash Up:


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a card using the colors "Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum & Wisteria Wonder".
  2. Create a card and "Mail or Deliver it to Someone Special".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a card with "Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder & Mail or Deliver it to someone special".


I used a set that isn't really my style; Stippled Blossoms. It's one I would never buy as soon as I saw it. but, I saw it demoed last year at convention and fell in love! It was the first one I ordered! 

It requires two step stamping, which basically means stamping in one light color and then onto with a darker color. It creates wonderful dimension.

Please check out the other wonderful designers at The Friday Mash Up and then get busy creating yours! Can't wait to see what you come up with!



  



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful details! Love the pearls and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.
    I live just alittle over 60 miles away and we felt things shake here that evening. Thought it was another tremor that we have every once in ahwile but found out later that it was from the explosion which made things rattle here in the house.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone effected in that community as well as those people in the Boston area.
    ColleenB.
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica,

    Such a sad time for America. I am at a loss for words.

    I too would not have thought of this stamp but I just ordered it last night because people like you are making beautiful cards with it. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Erica! I love the background and the zig-zag stitching all around.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stamp set Erica - and it looks fab paired with these colours and the Naturals Composition dsp!

    ReplyDelete