Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow- Mini Shadow Box


Welcome to Artisan Wow Wednesday Blog Hop!
You've probably just arrived here from Cindy Beach's blog
I'm so excited to see her creations each month!

This month I was intrigued with the Kraft boxes. I've never purchased these before and was thrilled to see them in my Artisan Box. I bounced a couple of ideas around, really trying to "think out of the box" if you will (Ha!) and ultimately ended up with this- a tiny little shadow box for my husband's desk! It will be part of his Father's Day present



I cut the box in half first. Well, more like I cut 1/3 of the box off so that the whole thing was divided into two pieces. I then used the Houndstooth Embossing Folder to create a black and white cover for the box. I used Whisper White Ink and a brayer to apply the ink to the raised side of the folder and embossed basic black cardstock. 

I ended up covering most of the box... it kind of ran away from me! I love the Kraft color, but somehow ended up with very little of it showing!

I strung a piece of Whisper White twine from one side to the other to create a place to hang the tiny picture. I discovered that my local pharmacy (Walgreens) photo printing service offers a "wallet" size print. I LOVE it! It is actually a 4X6 with 4 of the images on it. i tend to take large pictures and can never crop them much. So, this option allows me to quickly and cheaply get a small, high quality print of a good picture. 

I added a simple title to the front of the box, using the Amazing Family stamp set. 

To create embellishments to go along with the photo, I used the herringbone image from the Beyond Plaid stamp set. I stamped it on Very Vanilla to create the pennant and then directly onto the Cotton Ribbon. I cut off the edges of the ribbon before i tied it to create the frayed edges. And, I finished it all off with a Cute Clip!

I hope you enjoyed my project this week! Make sure you hop along to see what my amazing team members have cooked up for you! Heather Summers is up net with all her amazingness! Now, get a hopin'!


Want to get your hands on the new stuff now Join  my team and buy the starter kit! You can buy ANYTHING in your starter kit, including the pre order stuff! For $99 you get $155 worth of goodies! Awesome deal! Click HERE for more details! 


For a printable list, see the links below:



  



4 comments:

  1. Erica, everything you make is freaking ADORABLE!!! You've knocked my socks off, wait, I don't wear socks. It's too hot for socks. You've blown me away. Yes, I've been blown away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this really is outside of the box! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-MAZ-ING is right!! Where DO you come UP with this stuff?? I just wanna be in your brain for about FIVE minutes!! Maybe I can soak up just a LITTLE??? This is sooo great!! I wanna be you when I grow up ... :)

    ReplyDelete