Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow Blog Hop- I Love Summer!


Welcome to Artisan Wow Wednesday Blog Hop!
You've probably just arrived here from Cindy's Blog.
She creates such beautiful things and I'm always excited to see what she comes up with next!

Today I have a fun Summertime gift. I LOVE summer.. especially the beginning of summer. It's not brutal hot yet and I'm not tired of my kids' constant fighting yet.. LOL!! So, I made a little summer treat box to celebrate the start of my very favorite time of the year.

I started with the MDS Mini Box Template. I imported it into my E- Cutter and cut it out of Baked Brown Sugar CS. Love, love, love this color!

Before I put it together, I punched holes in the sides using the 1" Circle punch. I backed the sides with pieces of Coastal Cabana DSP. Don't these two In Colors go so well together? Love both of them!



After I adhered the box together with Stick Strip, I added a row of  Coastal Cabana Ruffled Ribbon along the inside of the box. I love the tiny little edge it gives the box. 

the tag was created very easily with the ABC 123 Sketch and Outline Alphabet and Number sets. I am terrible at lining letters up, but I feel like these stamps are cut well and make for much easier alignment. You can see mine isn't perfect, but I think it's good enough.. ;-)


I finished the box off with 1/8" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and a Hardware Clip. 

The box is filled with Seashell Soaps I found at Pier 1. They smell so nice!!


Thanks for hopping along today. I hope you enjoyed your stop here at my blog. 
Up next is the amazing Heather Summer's! Make sure to hop on over to her blog to see what wonderful things she is doing!


  






8 comments:

  1. F'rills? F'rills. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I didn't know there was an MDS mini box template! This box is adorable. Love those colors together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They have lots of templates. This one is older
      http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=120171

      Delete
  3. Cute Project! I also loved the video on the E-cutter. Would love to see more of those. One other question, I am truly amazed at you. You work a full time job, have three little girls and you still find time to do all these cute stampin' projects. How do you manage your time? I would a post on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Lynda!! If you could see my messy house and see my girls climbing the walls, then you'd understand! ;-) Thank you so much for the kind words!!

      Delete
  4. Love this, Erica. The colors are yummy, and I love the way the lettering came out. Guess I have to get the outline set too! Oh, I was hoping the seashells were white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a PERFECT little summer box full of HAPPY!! (and this would SO TOTALLY match my bathroom .... seriously, my sing is kinda Coastal Cabana colored)! So much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete