Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow- Remember Who You Are

Welcome to Artisan Wow Wednesday Blog Hop!
You've probably just arrived here from Cindy's Blog
I love all the pretty things she comes up with each week!

Today's page is my attempt to go clean and simple. This is truly my biggest struggle! I want to keep adding and adding, and then I end up with projects that are VERY embellished. So, lately, I've been trying to challenge myself with simplicity.

Coastal Cabana is a BEAUTIFUL color. As part of the new In Color Family, I have used it a ton since it was released. It's a softer form of Tempting Turquoise I think. I little greener maybe. I just LOVE it! So, I made it the focus of the page. I started with a piece of the chevron printed paper from the In Color DSP Stack. I cut along the chevron so that my paper would have a zig-zag shape. I used my Paper Piercer to make holed along the bottom edge and stitched it with a needle and thread. 

 I added some Coastal Cabana Ruffle Trim along the bottom of my daughter's picture. Have you played with this ribbon yet?? It's a MUST HAVE! It's stretchy and so easy to work with!!

The title was created with the ABC 123 Alphabets, both sketch and outline. These letters are truly super simple to line up! I did not use the Stamp A Majig for this! I eye balled it, and I'm not great at eye balling, so that should show you just how easy it is! I used another new in color for the letters: Baked Brown Sugar. Those lovely arrows are from the Photo polymer set called Show and Tell.

Now, to add a little embellishment, I grabbed one of the Crushed Curry tags from the Bag a Tags. These are great for a quick embellishment, not only on gifts, but for any project! I added a few more pennants cut from the Coastal Cabana DSP. I finished it off with a stamp from Label Love and a beautiful Boutique Embellishment. 

I hope you can find some inspiration from my Clean and Simple scrapbook page... I'd like to grab it and add about 200 more things to it, but I'm letting it be. Clean. And. Simple. ;-)

Up next is the amazing Heather Summer's! Make sure to hop on over to her blog to see what wonderful things she is doing!


  



6 comments:

  1. Wow Erica! Love how you used the chevron paper, especially with the stitching below. The whole page is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as is!! Seriously, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, unique page for such a lovely, unique girl!! TOTALLY gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a precious layout. I love this kind of journaling.

    ReplyDelete