Friday, June 14, 2013

You're a Brick... (FMU114)

House! :-)

We've got a FUN challenge today at The Friday Mash Up!!!

1. Use the Brick Wall Technique.
2. Use the sketch.
3. Mash them up and use both on one project!



I will admit, the Brick Wall Technique is not something I'd ever heard of! I had to do my research! (That's what I LOVE about the girls at TFMU! They are always challenging me to do new things!!) I used the AWESOME new stamp set that is a must have; Gorgeous Grunge. Seriously, this set is so on trend and everybody needs it!! I stamped them in Versamark and Soft Suede on Soft Suede Cardstock. I embossed the versamark prints with Black Embossing Powder. After I cut them into strips, I adhered them onto Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. I finished it off with the Bombs Away sentiment and a Early Espresso 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Bow. 

hope you will join us this week at The Friday Mash Up! Make sure you check out how the other ladies used this challenge. 


I'm at Disney World this week!

I'm working very hard to earn the Stampin' Up Incentive Cruise!
 So, this month's Mystery Hostess event is bigger and better!




  



4 comments:

  1. Fun background with the new grunge set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card Erica! You've got the grunge look plus you also brought in a touch of feminine with your addition of the Cherry Cobbler.

    Now I have that song stuck in my head BTW! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful card Erica! I love the grungy bricks and fun chevrons! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grunge set is on my list to get.. I really like how your Brick wall came out. This could be a guy card as well. I won't lie though I struggled a bit with the technique.

    ReplyDelete