Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow- Calendar Cover


Welcome to the LAST 2012- 2013 Wednesday Wow Artisan Blog Hop!
If you just arrived from  
Cindy's Blog, welcome! I just love everything she makes! 
Can you believe it's been a YEAR! This team has never ceased to amaze me this year and it has been a complete honor to serve on this team along side them. 


Ok, this month, I've begun to prepare for Back to School. UHG! But, I have to face reality! One way I get motivated is to make pretty things for me to use at school. 
Every year, we get a new calendar/planner. Yes, it's old school, but I love nothing more than to look at a month long calendar and see all my responsibilities at a glance! LOL! I'm such a nerd! This calendar is from Walmart in the office supply area. It is for a three ring binder (it has the three holes) and it came with a clear plastic cover that you can slip off and on. But, it was boring old red. So, I had to use my FAVORITE paper to make the calendar look pretty. 

I used the Modern Medley DSP and Daffodil Delight cardstock to create the cover. The title was created in MDS and cut with the Cameo. I used the Deco Label Framelits to create that beautiful shape. The scallops and zigzag were created with the Tasteful Trims Die

Inside the cover I created a pocket and use the yummy Six Sided Sampler set to add a few hexagons along the front page. 

On the back I added in some Daffodil Delight DSp as well as the "love" word that I created using new thinlits (available August 1!!) 

You can see how I stamped the hexagons on Very Vanilla and then punched them out with the same Deco Framelit. There is a Vellum Heart Punch  in there as well. 
I added all kinds of yummy ribbon along the side. 

I used Crushed Curry and Basic Black Chevron Ribbon, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and and Basic Grey Stitched Grosgrain. I cut the Chevron Ribbon long ways to create a thinner ribbon. 


I created a calendar cover tutorial YEARS ago. So, if you need more specific directions on how to make one of these for yourself, make sure you hop over there and check it out!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have enjoyed my projects all year. You get to see another year of them !LOL! 

Make sure you hop along over to  Heather Summer's  blog and check out the beautiful project she has for you today!
Check out my new Project Planner! 



I've got some fun promotions for you this month! Click the link for details!


  




3 comments:

  1. Love it - I love love an old school agenda!! In fact, I need to get one right now!! Everyone tells me to enter everything in my phone but I am not interested!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica! This is perfect!! I too am a nerd and love a calendar :) It just helps you stay on top of things. I am definitely making one of these when I return to the classroom. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need everything written down and in front of me too! And this is such a fun way to keep track of it all! :)

    ReplyDelete