Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow- Coasterboard Embossing



Welcome to Artisan Wow Wednesday Blog Hop!
You've probably just arrived here from Cindy Beach's Blog!
I love to see what she comes up with each week!  She's so talented!

One of the things in this month's box was Stampin' Up's! new Coasterboard. At first, I didn't know what to do with it. But, I pulled it out and started to play with it and FELL IN LOVE! Coasterboard is that material you find on restaurant coasters. Thicker than cardstock but thinner than chipboard. And this Coasterboard is so easy to manipulate!

For this week's project, I created a notepad holder. The cover white piece is Coasterboard and is embossed with the Letterpress Embossing folder. It embossed beautifully!


After I embossed the Coasterboard, I inked it with a Brayer and Tempting Turquoise ink. It soaks up that ink beautifully. You've GOT to get some coasterboard!! The cute tag is from the Chalk Talk set and cut with the matching Framelits. 


It really gives your project some durability and thickness. 

Inside I used one of my  favorite things from the new catalog- Modern Medley DSP. I've used this stuff so much, I've had to order it three times!! It's so on trend and goes with everything!! The blue tag is actually Tempting Turquoise DSP from the Brights Stack cut with the Chalk Talk Framelits. Love, love, love! Seriously, these are probably my top three most favorite things from the new catalog. 


Up next is the amazing Heather Summer's! Make sure to hop on over to her blog to see what wonderful things she is doing!
Check out my new Project Planner! 
Happy Hexagons


I've got some fun promotions for you this month! 





  



6 comments:

  1. I love the flags of DP on the inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just pretty much awesome ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Erica! The embossed, inked coaster board looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great!! Love the highlighted embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAN-TASTIC! I love the color combo, and your slick notepad cover. I am definitely going to make one of these for myself. Super cute! :) Erika

    ReplyDelete