Monday, August 5, 2013

Artisan Award 2013 Entry #6- MDS Hybrid Scrapbook Page

Welcome back!

This is my favorite scrapbook page by far. i loved it so much, I was going to make a second so I could keep it.. but I never did. But, I will eventually.
The coolest thing about this page is that the background page is a picture! it's a 12X12 page printed in MDS. Nothing special done to it other than I turned it black and white. I printed it right from Stampin' Up. It's a beautiful print and I plan on doing this alot int he future. I think a bunch of square prints like this would be awesome hung on the wall. And, it's super cheap!

Along the bottom, I printed two pictures from the same print in color and embellished it will all kinds of goodies. I honestly can't remember what all I used. Just a bunch of random things I had. I know the circles are cut from Patio Party DSP and there are some In Color Dahlias, glitter brads and bottle caps. Oh, and the word LOVE was cut using the Typeset Alphabet Die and it was cut from a photo! See the background of the photo? It was such a pretty color, I used it to cut out the words. 

Thanks for stopping by and up next is my friend  Jane Lee. Hop on over to check out her AMAZING-ness!

  



  



10 comments:

  1. I agree with Connie, one of my favorite pages ever! That black and white background with such a fun pop of color is so striking! .. this page makes me wish for girls to scrapbook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gasped out loud when I first saw this on the boards! It is so incredible!! I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is all we need......and more of your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of my favorite pages! I love that you used the black and white photo as a background and added pops of color! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally absolutely outstanding! Love love love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is AWESOME!!! Love the picture backgroud, the pop of colours on the black and white... everything! It popped right out of the display boards, such a striking page! I wasn't the only one who loved it, I heard lots of démos ooh and aah over it while I was taking pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete