Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow- Undefined



 
Welcome to the first edition of the 2013-2014 Artisan Design Team Wednesday Wow Blog Hop!
I'm thrilled and honored to once again be serving along side some amazing ladies!

In our Love Box from Stampin' Up this month was the new Undefined Kit. When I first heard of this "carve your own stamp thing,"
 I was a little unsure. My drawing skills are less than OK. And my handwriting is even worse! But, once I got my hands on it... I was in LOVE! You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to have an amazingly steady hand. If I can do this, anybody can do this!!

I'm always in need of school stamps. We rarely have any. So, with the Undefined kit, I decided to get to work making my own! A pencil was my first attempt. Not to bad... Next, the scissors. Wow! I thought they looked pretty good! I was hooked! Now, I am seriously having a hard time creating something with OUT thinking "what can I carve for this project?"



Also in our box was my very favorite Modern Medley DSP. It goes with everything!! I love it! I opened up MDS, created the word Junie B. (as in the children's book Junie B. Jones) with the Epic Overlay Stamps  and saved it as a jpeg. I opened my Came software and merged it in. I cut it on the book patterned Modern Medley DSP.


OK, back to the stamps! The scissors were an image I found via google image search. I printed it out, traced it with a pencil and rubbed it onto the rubber. Then, I started cutting. Now, you can see how "not perfect" my lines are. But, as my mother "The Artist" assures me, this is what print making is all about. It shouldn't look like it was stamped out of a machine. Thanks Mom! ;-) I stamped it on Silver and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and added a Candy Dot brads in the middle. And no, it doesn't open and close. I'm not THAT good! ;-)


Here you can see my pencils. I did the same thing, paper piecing, using Daffodil Delight, Silver Foil, Crumb Cake and Bashful Bride. Not perfect in the least. But, I like the look of it!

Other things used on this page are Season of Style, Witches Brew and This and That Washi Tape, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Big Shot, Square Framelits, this and That DSP, and Pacific Point DSP. 

I hope I've inspired you to give the Undefined Kit a try! If you are local (San Antonio) I am offering a class on September 29. Email me if you are interested. If you are not local, and are still interested, check out this Pinterest Page . Or email me with questions! :-) I'd be happy to help you learn how o use this amazing project!

Now keep hopping! I can't wait to see what my friend Jane Lee has in store for us this week! 


I've got some fun promotions for you this month! Click the link for details!

Register for Stamptastic by August 17 to get an extra goodie!
It's online, so it's for everybody!




  



13 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness...so cute! Love the scissors and pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goshhhhhhhhh - I love it!!! I've been a disaster so far... Perhaps from being indecisive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! u totally rocked the undefined! I am with you though, I can't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those scissors and pencils are adorable! What a fun back to school page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is so fun Erica! Can't wait to see what else you have carved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. squeal!!!! I love your stamps! And the page is so awesome! You ARE an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! that's all I can say... OMG! You have to teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the stamps and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page! Excellent carving! They are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the carved stamps you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh... Those stamps you made are adorable!!!! Love the page, too!

    ReplyDelete