Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow Blog Hop- Smarties!

 
Welcome to the  2013-2014 Artisan Design Team Wednesday Wow Blog Hop!
I'm so happy you have stopped by today!

I hope you are not sick of seeing my school projects... I've just been doing double duty these days with SU and school! It makes getting ready for my "real job" more fun! This little sign was created to hang in my room.

I started with a wood arrow from The Wood Connection. I painted the edges with black craft paint. I traced it on the back side of the Modern Medley DSP and cut it out. I adhered it with mod podge and sanded the edges. 

The letters were created using MDS elements. First, I imported the typeset Alpha punches into my Cameo and then stretched them out to just the right size. I then cut them out of Coasterboard. Yummy! Love this stuff! And yes, the Cameo will cut through Coasterboard. I sprayed them with Adhesive Spray and sprinkled  Black Stampin' Glitter over each one. Perfection!! Last, I added some Black Chevron Ribbon, Melon Mambo Taffeta Ribbon and Whisper White Grosgrain ribbon to the wire. Fun to make and cute to hang up!


OK, your off to the wonderful Jane Lee! 
Make sure to leave her some love at the bottom of her post! 


Thanks for stopping by!

September's Scrap Mail is available through September 8!


You can still register for  Stamptastic site access!




  



12 comments:

  1. Love it! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I too old for 1st grade?! I want Mrs.Cerwin to be my teacher! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY - and I am now thinking you could get a job at my boys' school so that when Tanner gets there..... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I would love to see a tutorial showing exactly hownyounuse MDS with your Cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. speechless! This is perfect! You are the most fun teacher ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Your students must love going to school, I bet you are the funnest teacher ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is wonderful. You have lucky students. I'm sure they feel blessed to be in your class!!!! - Rexene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! Could be use with many different words! LOVE the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your school projects. Your students are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These may be the luckiest students around!!! The glitter is so perfect and the sign idea is going right into my "make it" list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! Your first graders have to love their new home this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's absolutely nothing wrong with working smarter, not harder. Isn't it great that you can case yourself?

    ReplyDelete