Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Artisan Wednesday Wow- I {HEART} Bermuda Bay

Welcome to another edition of the Artisan wednesday Wow! I hope you are hopping along some where inside a warm and cozy home... It's so COLD! And y'all, I love in South Texas! We DO NOT do cold! I haven't worn my flip flops in like three or four weeks. That is EXTREME down here... ;-)

Anyhow, let's get to my projects. I used the BOLD and beautiful colors of the Kaleidoscope Designer Series paper serve as my guide this time. I have fallen back in love with Bermuda Bay! I loved it years ago when it was an in color and now I remember why!

To start, I used the Arrows Embossing folder to create my background. After the bermuda Bay Paper was embossed, I went over it with a Brayer and more Bermuda Bay ink. I wanted it to have some real POP! My sentiment catches your eye because it's Silver Foil! Love this stuff! I cut it with my E-cutter. It is from the A Royal Day download. 

Now, those feathers were created with a little stamp from a Sale A BRation set called Petal Parade. I inked it in Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay on the same color cardstock. I stamped it several times in a row and then trimmed it out of the cardstock. It looks like a feather, doesn't it? the last feather is made of Kaleidoscope DSP in the same shape. The black frame is a from the On Film Framelits and is backed with Vellum Cardstock. 

Next, I used my favorite Bermuda Bay DSP from the same Kaleidoscope DSP pack as the background. I used the Hexagon hive Thinlit Die to cut a Coastal Cabana honeycomb overlay. Lasy, I used Night of Navy ink to stamp the hexagon from Geometrical on Bermuda Bay cardstock. I trimmed these by hand and added them with dimensionals. 

And of course, I needed to add a little bee! Love this guy! He is from Backyard Basics I stamped him twice, once on Daffodil Delight and once on Vellum. The sentiment is also from Geometrical. 

Ok, that's it for me today! You're on to your next stop, the wonderful Jane Lee. Make sure to leave her a little Blog Love! Have a great day!





Free with a Sale A Bration order 
or $16

15 Tutorials $15

Order by February 8!

All you need to create your own Scrapbook pages!


  



7 comments:

  1. I {heart} Bermuda Bay too. AND your projects. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that silver foil and you make me wanna use the hexagon hive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermuda Bay is my FAV! I am trying that silver foil with my e-cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is so stinkin' awesome!!!!!! I super super {heart} these cards! You seriously amaze me with your bold and bright awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your cards!!! They are so bright and cheerful. Love Bermuda Bay, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry…I got stuck at no flip flops. That is completely not ok for TX!! :-) Ok, now the projects are amazing as always. Love how you created those feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Erica...I love everything except the bee...they creep me out! I do love honey, however, so all is well! BTW I heart Bermuda Bay too!

    ReplyDelete