Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bubblegum Tube Holder Tutorial

I was at Sam's Club this weekend and saw that they once again have the awesome bubblegum tubes. And the best part? They are $9.99 for 24! So cheap! 
So, I scooped up several sets and decided I needed to get the tutorial I promised last year up and running! Yes, I promised it last year and never got it up! So, just in time for your Valentine Day planning, here it is! 
*** I am also providing this as a Free PDF in case you like to print things out. You can download it HERE.

1. Cut a piece of Real Red cardstock 4" X 11". 
Score the 4" side at 1 1/4" X 2 3/4". 
Turn and score the 11" side at 5 1/2", 6 3/4", 9 1/4", 10 1/2". 
You also need to score it at 3 1/2" BUT only to the horizontal scoreline. 
Flip it over to the back and score again  at 3 1/2" but only to the score line. 

2. Trim as shown below. use the 3/4" circle punch to create a hole on the end as shown. 

3. Place Sticky Strip as shown. 

4. First, fold up the middle tabs and press them into the larger tabs that have Sticky Strip on them.

5. Next, fold in the other large flaps making sure they are even with the back edge.

6. Lastly, fold in the top flaps and press into the sides. I had to stick my finger into the opening to get them all sealed against the sides. :-)


 7. For the back, cut a 1 1/4" X 2 3/4" piece of DSP. On this one I used Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper. For the sides, I am going to show you how I create a "belly band" because I can never get them quite right otherwise! Cut two 2 1/4" X 1 3/4" and two 2 1/4" X 1 1/2" pieces of DSP. Score each of them on the short side, at 1/4". Place Sticky Strip on the back of each of them. Using the 1/4" tab, fold it over the edge and the rest around the side (leave the end of this a up a little to slide the last one underneath.)
8. Place the next one over the flap, with it's own flap wrapping around the next side. The front and back are the wader two pieces of DSP while the sides are the thinner pieces. Continue until all four are on. The last one will need to slip under the first one. 


For this years two new versions, I used Kaleidoscope DSP and Language of Love. 


This one uses Fresh Prints DSP and Language of Love as well as the scalloped Heart Framelit from Hearts A Flutter.
 Last year's version features DSP that I created on MDS and the Hearts A Flutter stamp set.

In case you need a visual reference for what they look like, here they are. Again. only $9.99 for 24 of them at Sam's Club!! Woot! They also had some that had rainbow colors in them.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the tutorial! 
Free with a Sale A Bration order 
or $16

15 Tutorials $15

Order by February 8!

All you need to create your own Scrapbook pages!


  



No comments:

Post a Comment