Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Artisan Wednesday Wow- Simple Stems


Hello everyone! And welcome to the first week of our March Blog Hop! Is it spring where you are? Yea, not here either... Winter needs to exit immediately! Uhg! 

Anyhow, we have some spring inspiration for you, no doubt. Hopefully it will warm you up and inspire you to get in the spring crafting mode!

My card today was inspired by a cake I saw on Pinterest. I get inspiration from lots of places, but it seems cakes make an appearance quite often on my Art Inspiration board. Here is the beautiful cake that I was inspired by this time:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/175781191680497492/
See pin here. Follow me! :-)

I loved the black and white with the bright pops of color! I though the Simple Stems set would be the perfect way to create those bright pops of color!
I created te background with simple strips of basic Black cardstock on Whisper White card base. I stamped the largest flower in Elegant Eggplant on the same color cardstock. I did it three times. I cut one our ith the matching framelit from the Secret Garden Framelits. The other two were hand cut. I stacked them with Stampin' Dimensionals. The rose is Strawberry slush and was hand cut. The back flower is Coastal Cabana and was hand cut as well. The stems are Old Olive. 

I added some "bling" but cutting off a few gold sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim. Lastly, I added my sentiment from So Very Grateful

Don't forget to look at everything around you all the time! While you are shopping, while you are exercising, and while you are pinning!  These little surprise bursts of inspiration can be just what you need to create a beautiful project!

Thanks for stopping by today! You're on to the next stop, my sweet friend Jane Lee. I can't wait to see what this girl comes up with every week and I know you will love it as well! She never disappoints! 






Free with a Sale A Bration order 
or $16

Sale A Bration is a great time to get a Big Shot! 
Or, anything you've been wanting!




  



4 comments:

  1. HA!!! I find inspiration mostly from kids clothes but cakes are a close second!!! I adore this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. Love the bright colors with the black and white card base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly inspirational! Love the colors against the black and white background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great version of your inspiration piece! Love that you showed us that! The sequins are so fun here!

    ReplyDelete