Monday, August 18, 2014

A tour of my updated Craft Room!



Hello everyone! I've spent the last two weeks working on getting my office cleaned out and organized. It's still not completely done, but it is so much better than it was! I thought I would give you a little tour today!

The biggest thing that we did, which set all of this in motions, were to instal a row of upper cabinets. Wow! SO much more storage space! We bought them at Home Depot and hubby installed them. He also put some under cabinet lighting in which I LOVE! The look like spot lights on my things below!

On top of the cabinets is a collection of lots of little things I've made or collected over the years. There really is no rhyme or reason to it, just fun stuff I like!

The Wonder Woman sign is a family joke... When I was a little girl, I had WW underroos and would go around the house deflecting my mother's instructions with my wrist, just like she did. So, a few years ago, my mom gave me this for my birthday. So funny! 

The pink deer head is my newest addition. A friend sent me text one day with a picture of it and said I needed it. She was really just kidding, but I immediately went to Hobby Lobby and bought it! I mean, come on!! It's hot pink with glitter antlers!!! LOL! 

My office is really an extra living space upstairs in our home. There are no doors, which is a problem sometimes. But, as you can see, when you walk out there are the stairs and further on are my daughter's rooms. The shopping cart holds all my DSP, the blue cart is what I use for classes and workshops, and that adorable little turquoise shelf is also form Hobby Lobby. 

AS you move around the room, you will find my stamp shelf (hubby built it and it looks like it's beginning to sag! Too many stamps? Nah!!) and a work spar where I put class prep items. 


This is my actual desk. It's al IKEA. The drawers are my fiery favorite and I believe they are called ALEX. They hold all the things I need with in an arms reach while I am creating. 

This is how I store my scraps. It looks messy, but it is the BEST system I have used over the years. Easy in and easy out! 

To the left under the paper scraps is my Paper Cutter, Simply Scored and 12 X 12 paper. I want one more set of Alex Drawers for the paper. I think the wide drawers would hold them nicely! Also, in that box are shipping supplies.


This is my ink and reinker storage system my hubby built one year for my birthday.  On top of that is a cute little box I got at Home Goods to hold my Markers, Staz On and handle stamps. I love how easily they all sit in there.



Yes, my punches are a mess. I've tried to organize them, but they always end up a mess again with no real system. That's OK, it works for me! The rails are also from IKEA. 


The Butcher Block was an amazing Garage Sale find a few months ago. $40 for Boos Block in perfect condition!! I use it as my Big Shot station. 

Below is where I store extra boxes, paper cutters and some retired paper. The shelf to the left is where all my retired, left over garage sale, and extra product sits. 

This is how I store my Framelits. The knife rails (Zulily)  are the best because they are so strong! The magnetic sheets are ok, but they aren't as good as the knife rails. I want to replace them eventually. I like my Framelts out and where I can see them and grab them. 

Back around and you will see a chalk board I put in for the girls and my little stool, also form IKEA. 

This is where I store projects and supplies for upcoming classes. When I make samples, I put them in here so they don't get lost. The drawers on the right have labels held on by clothespins so I can change them out as my class schedule changes. The drawers on the left are my constants: stamp club, stamp club to go and downline meetings. 

Ok, so I knew some of you would ask to see inside my cabinets. They aren't quite 12" deep, so that kind of presented a problem. But, you can see my photo boxes fit perfectly. The box with my extra pads is form Target and it's cheap and it's the exact right width! I loaded up on lots of them as you will see. So, this cabinet holds photos, extra ink pads, paint and the folders my Framelits came in. 

This is my paper storage cabinet. We went round and round trying to figure out the bet way to make this. The thin board we bought obviously isn't working that well. It's not as bowed in real life as it appears in the picture. but, yesterday, hubby made thin slats to put between each row to hold them up. But, still, they aren't perfect and I am still not happy... but, it will do for now! If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it! :-)


In the next cabinet is a little organizer I brought home from school. It holds office items like staples, paper clips, etc. The paper sorter on the right holds receipts and business records. I got it from Home Goods and am wondering how many of those would fit in the Paper Storage cabinet... LOL! I think I need to run to Home Goods today...
Top shelf has envelopes, easels and magazines like Stampin' Success. 


This shelf has lots of those boxes form Target again. It holds all kinds of things from the catalog; Cello Bags, Kraft Boxes, Kraft Bags, Banners, etc. 

This is my business cabinet. Catalogs, order forms, Hostess Packs, Book To Look boxes, etc. 

Down below looks alot like this. These Sterelite Drawers help organize smaller things. 

This cutie holds cards ready to send out and some of my favorite stamps.


Here is a closer look at my antique shopping cart I got a couple of years ago for Christmas. We found it on Craigslist! 

Allright, there you have it! It's always a work in progress it seems... LOL! Have a great Monday! 




Check out all my fall classes here! 

My Paper Pumpkin- Get your first two months for $10 each! Use code HALFOFF2.




  


5 comments:

  1. I want to live in your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creative space and wonderful things certainly come out of it! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I like what you use for the framelits storage. Back to Ikea I go! Just was there Friday to get a table and desk chair for my room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome girly!! You are inspiring me!! I keep saying I'm going to do mine, then I take the money I've saved up and pay for SU! Convention. I'd say I made a better choice!! My stamp room can wait. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if this type of paper storage would work for you, but I think with a normal shelf added to your cabinet that this may work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqyFho_mw44 if the link doesn't work, google jennifer mcguire paper storage.

    ReplyDelete