Monday, September 29, 2014

Stampin' Up Incentive Trip- Washington, D.C. Getaway 2014

I returned yesterday from the DC incentive trip and have lots of pictures to share with you! Because hubby and I had just gone to DC a few years ago, we decided it would be a great opportunity for me to take my oldest daughter and my mom for a girls weekend. And it was so special for the three of us to get away together! 

 We did lots of museums. This is Natural History Museum.


It was cold and rainy when we got there. But that didn't stop us from exploring the Mall as soon as we got there!

 

Mom even found some time to sketch!

My daughter was so excited to ride the subway. LOL... She preferred taxi's after the first day! (SPOILED!!)

Our hotel was beautiful! We stayed at the historic Mayflower Hotel, just blocks from the White House! 

They even had a candy bar in the evening for the kids (and grown ups!)

Cute table decorations at breakfast created by SU!

The second day we headed back to the mall on the trout bus and explored the monuments. The sun was out and it was BEAUTIFUL!
 






We headed to the National Bureau of Printing and Engraving next. It's great tour to see how money is printed! Ellie loved seeing the million dollar display and measuring herself in stacks of bills!

The next stop we made was at the Farmer's Market at the USDA. It was awesome and probably my favorite thing that day!




We ate a homemade ice cream sandwich there that was AMAZING!!! I can't even describe it to you other than it had salt on the outside that just made it over the top. I can't stop thinking about it.. LOL!

 We explored the National History Museum. Mom and I  loved it, but not sure my tween did... 

 

Plilow Gifts are always a highlight! If you don't know, Pillow Gifts are left in your room by SU each evening. It makes going back to the hotel ALOT of fun! The first night it was a box of DC Cupcakes.


The second night was my favorite! The upcoming starts kit!!! I can't wait to put this together1!



And the last night was a beautiful book about DC.


The last day, we got to tour the White House. Fun and a little scary! We had to be there at 8 am! Eek! But the city was so pretty on the way there.







We headed back to the Air and Space Museum to do the planetarium again. We LOVED it! And then, about sunset, we again walked the mall and got some GREAT pictures of all the monuments. My daughter loves taking pictures too.









It was a GREAT weekend and I am so blessed to be able to provide this for my family. Thank you Stampin' Up!! 

DOn't forget, today is the VERY last day I can take RSVPs for the Spooky Gifts Class! 

 Spooky Gifts
We had so much fun making the Teacher Gifts, let’s do it again with some spooky and fun Halloween gifts! These are easily reproduced projects to use all through the month of October at your fall events! Included are a treat bag, a cookie holder, a lollipop holder, a treat box and a pumpkin shaped treat box. Class fee includes all materials needed to create the five gifts, written instructions and your own Freaky Friends and Ghoulish Greetings Stamp sets! This class will be held in my home but also offered as a class to go (mailed straight to you!)
When: October 5, 2PM-4PM
RSVP for live and to go class: September 27
Cost: $45 or $55 for the class to go

And don't gorget to sign up for 12 Weeks of Christmas! 12 weeks of free video tutorials ONLY for my mailing list! 
Make sure you click HERE to see if you are on my email list! This is my "newsletter" mailing list. Not my blog post list or my Facebook page. Double check because you don't want to be left out! The begin October 2! 

Upcoming Classes:
(Attend in person or get it "to go" in the mail!)
Check out details for all classes here! 


Super Saturday is your chance to get a jump start on your holiday crafting. Four classes, each offered in person or 
"To Go," will help you with your upcoming holiday needs!

Check out Stampin' Up Weekly Specials and Clearance Rack New additions!

  



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous visual trip of your weekend you've provided. I loved the journey and your photos are beautiful! (I LOVE your daughter's sneakers, too!). TFS! :) Donna (demo)

    ReplyDelete