Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mother's Day Watercolor Card (Video)

Hello everyone!! Did you jump into the "retired List" Frenzy yesterday? Wow, what a day!! So many people tried to order, the Stampin' Up site went down! To me, that just says how amazing the list, and the discounts, are! If you haven't seen it, make sure you hop over there. Use Hostess Code EFFJ3F66 and I will send you a special gift! 

Ok, on to today's project. 
 My mom has always had this china:

Every time I see anything close to this blue and white china, I think of her. And I always want to make her a card that resembles the pattern. So this year, I made this one. (Mom, look away!!)

I was so excited when I made this card last week... until I realized the set is no longer available!! WHAT?? Sigh... And I made a video to go with it! Boo! But, don't be discouraged if you do not have it. Any floral open image will work. There are so many of them out there! 

I also made a video to show you how I did it. It involves watercoloring, which  can be intimidating, but once you try it you realize it's simple! 


Video Direct Link:https://youtu.be/r4IBCevYYfA
Watercolor Paper 4" X 5 1/4"
Night of Navy Card Base 5 1/2"X 8 1/2"
Night of Navy Card Base 1" X 5 1/2" 
Night of Navy DSP 3/4" X 5 1/2"

Supplies Used (remember, the stamp set has been discontinued.)
Get your favorites before they're gone! 
Most items are marked down, up to 50%. 
Use Hostess Code EFFJ3F66 to receive a special gift from me! 
See the Retired Items now! 


Let's Get Away PLxSU Class To Go
Create a mini album to show off those spring and summer vacation photos! Plus, create two greeting cards and a several traditional PL embellished cards. Class price includes  100 PLxSU Card Collection, Accessory Kit, supplies and directions to make all projects and shipping!
More project details can be found here. 
RSVP Deadline April 24
Check out my class calendar here! 




3 comments:

  1. Just love your card, even though the set is retired! It's so pretty…and it's blue! Not pink! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late. I saw it! Love it! Can't wait to see it in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always love blue and white dishes and your card is a lovely rendition of your mom's dishes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete