Thursday, August 27, 2015

Haunt Ya Later!




Hey everybody! TGIF! I hope you survived your week and are ready for a fun weekend. Today is the August edition of the Fancy Friday Blog Hop! It's also another day in my Countdown to the 2015 Holiday Catalog, so I combined the two of course!
This month we have a color challenge for you. It's a beautiful color combo with two of my most loved colors. But, I will say it was a little tricky trying to use these color with stamps from the Holiday catalog!


I flipped through the catalog for some inspiration and when I stopped on Haunt Ya Later, I knew I wanted to use it! Look at these little cuties!



I knew I wanted to give them some crazy hair and Bermuda Bay and Cucumber Crush were just right!
I used my Blender Pen and Aquapainter to color in this little witch. I couldn't decide what to do with her dress, so I grabbed some It's Wild DSP and stamped it on the striped piece. I cut out just the dress and adhered it down to my original image. That's called Paper Piecing. I also added some Dazzling Details to her hair, and hat band, although it's kind of hard to see in the photo. 

I didn't stop there! I had to paint that little pumpkin too! I recommend using Watercolor paper or Shimmer White Cardstock when watercoloring. You can see my pumpkin pilled a bit because I used Whisper White. Oops! The spider web is a new Doily in the catalog. They come 24 to a package. You don't even have to cut them out!


For my vampire, I did use Watercolor paper. Look at his hair! Isn't it so much fun! I actually used the Aqupainter first and then went back with my Cucumber Crush Marker and added "highlights!" I added some white ink splatters to the Brick Wall background. The silver cord there is also something new in the catalog. I like it a lot. It's thicker than the thread we have in the big catalog. It's very easy to work with.

 And for the inside of this card, I added the black cat! With a bow on her tail!!

Ok, all my supplies are below if you need to see them. Remember, the stamps, Black Glimmer Paper, silver cord, and Spider Web Doilies won't be available until September 1st!


Ok, your next stop is the fabulous Jane Lee! 

***NOTE! The stamp set Haunt Ya Later, isn't showing up for some reason. It is item #139696 (w) and 139699 (c) and is on page 48 of the Holiday catalog.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





Wednesday, August 26, 2015


Thankful Forest Friends and In To The Woods (Video Tutorial!)

Hello everybody! It's the fourth day in my Holiday Catalog Countdown and we are now less than one week until the release of this year's catalog! 

Today's project is another one straight form the 2015 Holiday Catalog (live September 1st!.) And it just so happens that I had it prepared earlier in the week and then got an email asking for a video on this project! Great minds think alike, right Norma! :-) 


I am in love with this new Designer Series Paper called Into The Woods. It's hand drawn by one of the Artist at Stampin' Up! Wish I had those kind of skills1 Anyhow, I created these treat boxes for some very special ladies coming over to my house this weekend! I can't wait for them to see them!


The cute stamp set is called Thankful Forest Friends. The font on these sentiments is precious! 

Notice the ombre look on the bottom of the box? 

Yep, I made you a video so you can do it yourself! Check it out! 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Video Direct Link: https://youtu.be/w-M9WkKwM4Q
And here is the product list. Remember, the stamps, paper and ribbon will not be available until September 1st!



Lot's of Joy Class To Go
$40 plus $6 shipping
Deadline to Reserve your Kit is August 28
This class is designed around the Lot’s of Joy Stamp Set. It includes four different card designs and a card keeper. This is a great way to get a jump start on all your Christmas Cards! 
Class Fee includes your own brand new Lot's of Joy stamp set and all the supplies to create four cards and the cute Card Keeper! You will also receive the PDF instruction manual to help you assemble all your projects. 

Check out my class calendar here! 

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous!! Blue hair? CLEVER! Love all the details in them! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete