Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thankful Forest Friends Rock and Roll

Good morning everyone! 

Have you heard of the Rock and Roll technique? It's very old technique-it's been around for as long as I have been doing this. And really, way before then! Today, I used that old technique to color the bear from Thankful Forest Friends. 

Isn't he super cute? I love this set but really haven't used it very much. I was doing the Rock and Roll technique for a class a week or so ago and wanted to have some more examples so I pulled this one out to use it.

So, Rock and Roll is this: stamp your image in a lighter colored ink. Now, using a darker color, rock the edges around so that you are just ink the outside edges. I didn't make a video because there are a ton of them out there. If you search it, you'll find them! But look how PERFECT it turned out. It looks like I colored him with markers so that his belly was a different color! But, I didn't! Rock and Roll!! 

The little leaves have been sitting on my desk since I made this card and I just couldn't throw them away. I'm glad I didn't! And the twine? Not twine. My wonderful friend and downline Jackie has been doing this a lot on her projects and she's got me hooked too! You cut off the long end of the Burlap ribbon and pull out some of the fibers. I bunched them together and tied them around. It's a little more wavy than my favorite Linen Thread and gives a more "messy" look which I love. 

Ok, here are all the supplies I used. Thanks for stopping by today!! 


Cup of Cheer Christmas Giftables Class to Go
$37 plus $6 shipping
Deadline to order your to go kit-November 13
Also offered "live" at my Retreat on November 21

  







No comments:

Post a Comment