Friday, April 1, 2016

New month, new projects- Bible Journaling with Stampin' Up inks

My mom and I spent some time over the Easter holiday journaling in our Bibles. If you haven't seen this fun new art trend yet, you need to search Bible Journaling! It's very popular. My mom actually teaches classes at her church in Memphis. (I've told you before she is a professional artist!) You can see her blog here. 

I have slowly jumped in and have found it's been a great way for me to really think about the bible and the verses that are focused on at church each week. I leave my bible open in my office and as I pass it each day, the verse and lesson jump out at me and inspire me. It's been a wonderful new experience for me that allows me to spend time doing what I love most as well as spend more time in my bible, which I don't do enough of! 

We enjoyed sitting in my new studio with my daughters (and one of the dogs!) and just creating. It was a much needed escape from the every day routine! 


On all my pages, I used our wonderful Stampin' Up inks. I used both an Aqua Painter and  a Blender Pen. Sometimes I added more color with our Stampin' Write markers and even some shimmer with the Wink of Stella. On this page, I incorporated some Washi Tape to highlight the verse. I also punched a few Velum clouds and added them with Washi Tape. I added little hearts from our Heart Border Punch. 

For this page, I thought about using our sheep and goat stamp (from Barnyard Babies) but they were a bit too small. I sketched out the goat and sheep and liked them, so I just went with that. I also used our Sunburst Thinlit as a pattern for the sun. I used my Project Life journaling pen to outline and write the words. 

There is a bit of the sig gel pen in there too. 


I also did a few others at my Spring Retreat last month too. 

I really want to use our stamps, but have only found inspiration once to do that. Here you can see the Shine On stamp (jewel.)

And I think this is my favorite. I was inspired by some different stained glass pages I saw on Instagram, so I decided I would give it a try here as well. Nothing but a ruler, an outline of a crown I printed from the internet and my inks. I found it very relaxing to do this while reflecting on the meaning of the verse and how it applies to my life. 

Bible Journaling is a great way to combine your love of being creative with your love of the Lord. This is a special bible I bought just for this. I bought it from Amazon. Its called the ESV Single Column Journaling Bible. If you search Journaling Bible, lots of them come up. There is even one that has the art already printed in it that you can just color, or paint. I've ordered that one for my daughter. 

OK, that's it for me this week. Thank you again to everyone who participated in my Online Workshop. Ive ordered all the materials for your Make and Take packages and they will be in the mail mid week next week. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 


Have you checked out my next big event? It's available To Go as well! 





Have a Cuppa Class and Class To Go- $30
Live Class: April 23rd, Erica's home, $30
This is part of my Spring Fling Event and you can come anytime between 10 and 2. 
Class To Go $30 plus $5 shipping
All class to go kits will ship at the same time, no later than April 25th. 
RSVP for either live or to go kit is April 17th. 
'




Shine On Class and Class To Go- $24
Live Class is April 23 as part of my Spring Fling Event. Come anytime between 10-2.
Class To Go- please add on $4 for shipping. 
(No additional shipping if bought along with the Have a Cuppa class.)
All class to go kits will ship at the same time, no later than April 25th. 
RSVP Deadline for both is April 17th. 

Check out my complete class calendar here! 

5 comments:

  1. Erica, these pages are wonderful. I have been Bible journaling some and since I am certainly not an artist I have found that if I trace some of the smaller dies and then color them in it looks good. I have used the house die(retired) for "in my Fathers house are many mansions" and the banner frames from bitty banners for high lighting certain words. I love how much this has helped me to remember the verses plus any time spent in God's word is time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the stained glass crown. Gorgeous!! So excited to see more Bible journaling from you and your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the Bible that you have purchased for your daughter? I think that mine would love something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the Stampin' Write markers go through the pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. But, if you paint on some Gesso, it won't. :-)

      Delete