Friday, July 15, 2016

Best Birds- Hello! Annual Catalog Blog Hop!



Welcome to the Hello! Annual Catalogue 2016-2017 Blog Hop! I am so excited about this hop as it's made up of some of my very favorite Stampin' Up Demonstrators! And what an easy subject: the new catalog! I could make things for this hop for months!! 

First, I am sharing a project I made for my downline at our recent Quarterly Training. It was an all day affair and I thought they needed a fun journal to write in. 


I found these beautiful little journals at our local Office Depot in their Back to School things. I bought all that they had!! I even had to sub some bigger spiral journals (that were just as beautiful!) I chose to use the Best Birds stamp set and Framelits because I hadn't used it yet and I just love it! I think it's created the perfect elegant look. 

The journals were exact matches to our Blushing Bride and Soft Sky. That made it super easy! I added in some gold DSP and some gold glimmer paper as well as a nest of Linen Thread. I finished them off by attaching the sweet little tag with one of our new yummy Gold Binder Clips!


Don't they look fun all together!? I hope my team like the little treat! 

Now, I wanted to recreate this look in a card. I just love the gold on these journals so I got to work making two matching cards. 

 I decided to use the Large Dots Embossing Folder so that my dots would line up perfectly. After I embossed the cardstock, I stamped the circle from Balloon Animals in the center of each raised dot with Versamark and embossed them with Embossing Powder.

I ended up changing these a tad by adding a branch stamped on Kraft cardstock. I didn't add the binder clip because I thought it would be too bulky when I mailed them. And, I don't know if you can see it, but I added a very thin piece of Gold Glitter Cardstock with the DSP as well. 

Don't you just love the shine of the Gold Embossing powder!?! Such wow factor for your card! You can see it well here where the sun is reflecting off the card. 

And of course, there is some of my favorite Gold Thread behind the bird. I have a birds nest outside my office and I see the little bird taking thin stings to his nest all the time. I thought he would like this god thread too! 

And lastly, I fancied up the inside. I have been doing this a lot lately and I just love the added detail! It's a great way to get more use out of your stamp sets! 

Ok, your off to the super talented Tracy May! Thanks so much for stopping by!
     

Full list of Blog Hoppers: 

Check out my complete class calendar here! 


8 comments:

  1. Hello Erica, your pimped journals and the cards in the same look are so beautiful! I love the soft color combi with the gold! The birds are so lovley! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I wish I was on your team! What a lovely gifts to hand out.
    Those birds are just adorable and I love the golden dots on the embossed dots on the cards your made.
    I also love to fancy up the inside of cards, but sometimes I just forget it again. Thanks for the reminder.
    What a great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are stunning ! Gold in combination with soft colors, love !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the journals and the way you've decorated them. The matching cards are stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journals are over the moon adorable! I have emptied the shelf at two local Office Depot locations and plan to make them in my next class. My peeps will love them. Thanks for sharing this sweet project!

    ReplyDelete