Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Back to School with Jar of Love

Hello everybody! 
As you probably already know about me, I love to spoil my kids' teachers. As a former classroom teacher myself, I know how much sweet little treats mean to them! I always start with Meet the Teacher. It helps give my girls something to help that awkward first meeting. Sometimes, kids don't know what to say when they are meeting a new adult. If they have a gift in hand, it kind of breaks that ice and prompts the teacher to ask them questions about it. So, we always go to Meet the Teacher with sweets in hand! 

This year, I grabbed some of the beautiful blue Ball Jars. We spent the week before school making several kinds of of cookies. We filled the jars with about 5 different kinds! It was fun- my girls love to bake! We also made them for last year's teachers because they LOVE to go by and say hello to them as well as our new principal and those very hard working office attendants! 

So, all I needed to do was make a tag. I pulled out my well loved Jar of Love set and went to work. 

I used Pool Party for the jar and Melon Mambo for the sentiment. Don't you think "hello" is just perfect!! Sometime I use Happy New Year because, well, it's a new school year! 


They went over very well of course! My littlest is in 2nd grade (What!?!?) and she LOVES her teacher. She told me her teacher did a cartwheel on the first day of school and two on Friday! Ha! And with that, she stole my baby's heart! :-) It's going to be a great year! 

My middle is in 4th grade and her teacher is a former coworker of mine! We actually taught at the same school before I "retired." She was super happy because this is who she wanted and because "she's very artistic." Ha! You know, cartwheels and art and the most important characteristics for out teachers! ;-) 

My oldest is in 8th grade and would NOT carry around a mason jar to her teachers... Hmmm... LOL! Oh well, I snuck one in to her favorite teacher from last year and fill like I fulfilled my duty. I am so happy they are all back in school and have wonderful teachers again! Don't forget to spoil your child's teacher! Those little gift go A LONG way, I promise!! 

Have a great day! 



Join me on my Facebook Group page (make sure you have joined the group!) for an evening of make and takes, prizes and fun. Everyone who places a qualifying order attached to this online workshop will get the make and takes for FREE!


New Cookie Cutter To Go Classes now available! 
Check out my complete class calendar here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment