Monday, August 29, 2016

Cookie Cutter Halloween Treat Box and my weekend in Michigan with Creating Success

Hello everyone! Wow, what a wonderful weekend I had in Michigan!! My sweet friend and mentor Ronda Wade invited me up to Lansing Michigan to be a guest speaker at her annual Creative Convention. It's a weekend long training for her downline and other SU Demos in the area. Let me tell you- if you are in the area and are a Stampin'' Up Demo, you need this convention in your life! It was so inspiring and fun. And her Rubber Queens are the sweetest most welcoming ladies I've ever met! So, his to all you Michigan (area) ladies!! 

If you don't know Ronda Wade, she is a long time (very successful!) Stampin' Up Demo as well as the owner of Creating Success, a business builders training group. Since I started working with her two years ago, my business has gone to new heights I never imagined. Not only is she a wonderful teacher, coach and counselor, she's an even better friend and I think God for her every day! If you are a Stampin' Up Demo and are looking to breath new life into your business, make sure to check her out. You won't be sorry!

So this event was designed for her downline, but has grown to a much larger group than that over the years. There were almost 100 ladies in attendance all weekend! 

I presented on Craft Fairs and how to do them successfully.  The ladies in attendance were so open and receptive. They put me at ease immediately! I took hundreds of pictures this weekend (we did like 50 make and takes plus a ton of swaps and displays!!) but I don't have the energy to edit them all today. So, hopefully, I will get to that soon. 

I do want to share the treat I brought with me for Ronda, Selene and Carol (also part of Ronda's Creating Success online team.) 

I didn't think I would have time to make anything, but at the last minute on Wednesday, I was able to knock them out. I am in such a Halloween mood!! Is it too soon?? Ha! 

 These guys can hold any kind of candy or treat you want, but I filled them with the 100 calorie chocolate bars I found at my local CVS. I have been told they are also at the Dollar Stores and Walgreens. 


I used the precious Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set along with a sentiment from Mr. Funny Bones (both available September 1st!)

 
I gave him a Pumpkin Pie Glimmer bow tie. Seriously, how cut is he!? This box tutorial can be found in my Cookie Cutter Halloween Class Planner. It is one of the projects we will be making in the Cookie Cutter Halloween Class To Go (see below for all the details.)

One last picture I want to leave you with. I very sweet woman named Donne brought me a gift! She knew I was coming to present and she found this really fun towel that reminded her of me! Pink and pineapples!! Her mother knitted the top. And the bag is so me too! So, Donne, if you are reading this, thank you so much! I really touched me that you thought of me! I will definitely be using this cute thing! 




Check out my complete class calendar here! 

3 comments:

  1. Can you describe how you made that cute box? 😂 Maybe you could slide me the dimensions or just describe it? 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO ADORABLE! These projects are just SO SO CUTE! What a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute box. I found those candy bars at my local Walgreens too. In Northern California.

    ReplyDelete