Thursday, January 26, 2017

Fancy Friday Blog Hop- Watercolor Pencils and Pretty Kitty



Hello everyone! It's time for the January Fancy Friday Blog Hop! Our theme this month is Anything Goes! I was thrilled with this because I rarely get to just sit down and PLAY with my Stampin' Up goodies anymore. I am usually designing for something specific, which I do enjoy too. But, to have free reign with no restrictions- that's fun! I decided to focus on the Watercolor Pencils. Little did I know last week when I designed these cards that the Watercolor Pencils would be un-orderable today because they sold out!! Don't worry though, if you didn't get yours yet, they will be back on February 13th. That's not a terribly long time to wait. 



So I decided to go with the adorable Pretty Kitty stamp set. I'm not a cat person really, in fact I haven't had a cat since I was a child. But, I AM a Watercolor Pencil girl and I ordered this stamp set with my pencils because I though it would be fun to color. And,  I have always loved orange kitties. I think they are so cute! I went to town with my Pumpkin Pie Watercolor Pencil and recerated those adorable orange kitties I always admire form afar! 

To get a bold color from your pencils, you need to do layers. 
Color, Aqua Painter, let dry. 
Color again, Aqua Painter, let dry.
 And, you just keep repeating this until you get the desired depth of color. 

Here, I also used the Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo for the flowers and the Early Espresso for the pot. And look how cute those Sending love Accents  look! They aren't just for Valentine's Day! 

I stamped another image from the Pretty Kitty set and colored her in the same colors. This time I added some Enamel Dots, Washi Tape and a couple of samples. 



It's so hard to see, but I added a little Wink of Stella as well to the butterfly. So sweet!! 

My complete Supply List can be found below. Remember- those watercolor pencils won't be available until February 13th. And, if you haven't signed up for my Watercolor Pencil Online Series Class, there is still plenty of time to sign up for the online access. I have pushed the start date back to February 22nd because of the Back Order issue. I want everyone to have their pencils before we start! You can see the full details here. 

Ok, you're off to the talented Jeanna Bohanon! Make sure to hop all the way around- we've got some amazing projects for you this month! 



Watercolor Pencils Online Class
Class Kits are sold out but Online Access is still available! 



It's the very best time to purchase the Starter Kit and join my Sweet Stampede Team! 


Sending Love Class To Go
Deadline to Order: January 20th
Includes the Sealed With Love Stamp Set and Love Notes Framelits


All new Tutorial Bundle Subscription begins in February! 
Subscribe now to be the first to receive the 12 tutorials delivered to your inbox! 


      
 
SaveSave

6 comments:

  1. Adorable cards! I got my watercolor pencils got tonight to play too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a great job with your orange little cat!! She's adorableeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute - the second card is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe those kitties are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is just perfection. Gorgeous cards Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! I have the little pup, but I think maybe I should get these little sweeties too :) Your cards are simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete